Stony Brook Accelerated BSN class of 2013

U.S.A. New York

Published

Hey all! Just wanted to lend my support to anyone else who is applying to SB next summer! It's a grueling process :-)):yeah:

Thanks for getting back to me. I will definitely keep that in mind. I already know I have a lot to say in my essay just hope it's what they are looking for! You are almost done three months will go by in no time I'm sure! How do you like the program are you guaranteed a job once you graduate? Also (if I get accepted) when the program starts I will be 25 I thought that I read they discourage younger students to enter the 1 year program is this true?

Hi Ash,

I was accepted for the program starting this July 2012, and I am only 21! I am finishing a Bachelor's in Psych this May and then jumping right into the program. There really is a wide range of ages that can be accepted. I think the best advice is to get info from who is actually in the program because I likewise heard many things but current students were extremely kind to take the time to answer questions/clarify things.

Congrats! And thank you both for getting back to me.. I'm glad to hear they do not discourage younger students. I know it seems so far away and i didn't even apply yet but I just can't wait to find out if I will be accepted or not lol you guys are so lucky! Did you do any volunteer work?

Congrats! And thank you both for getting back to me.. I'm glad to hear they do not discourage younger students. I know it seems so far away and i didn't even apply yet but I just can't wait to find out if I will be accepted or not lol you guys are so lucky! Did you do any volunteer work?

I did a lot of volunteer work through my national sorority-aimed at disability & homelessness awareness, but none through medical institutions. I think volunteer work is helpful, especially if you can do it at a hospital, etc.

I did a lot of volunteer work through my national sorority-aimed at disability & homelessness awareness, but none through medical institutions. I think volunteer work is helpful, especially if you can do it at a hospital, etc.

If you don't mind me asking, what sorority are you part of?

If you don't mind me asking, what sorority are you part of?

Theta Phi Alpha Fraternity-there actually is a chapter at Stony Brook University (I found that out when I visited the school with my sister-she is an alumna from there).

Hello everyone!! Anyone know when decisions go out for the two year program??

Hi kmurt! That is what I had been wondering for quite awhile... I emailed Stony Brook not too long ago, and actually got a reply. They said mid-March to early-April. I dug a little bit deeper on the interwebs and found that people who had applied in previous years heard closer to mid-March. I am really hoping I get into this 2-year program... if you wanna chat about it, feel free to message me!! I am having such a hard time finding people who are waiting to hear back for the 2-year, so I'd love to hear some insight from another applicant :D

Hi kmurt! That is what I had been wondering for quite awhile... I emailed Stony Brook not too long ago, and actually got a reply. They said mid-March to early-April. I dug a little bit deeper on the interwebs and found that people who had applied in previous years heard closer to mid-March. I am really hoping I get into this 2-year program... if you wanna chat about it, feel free to message me!! I am having such a hard time finding people who are waiting to hear back for the 2-year, so I'd love to hear some insight from another applicant :D

I too am waiting to hear back from the two-year program. I wish everyone luck! Mid-March to early April is actually sooner than I expected to hear! :)

For those of you who are waiting, do you already attend Stony Brook?

I graduated from Stony Brook last May. Now I'm finishing up my last prerequisite at SCCC. How about you?

I graduated SBU in Dec. 2008... I did my prereqs at NCCC! Do you live in Suffolk? We just moved to Bay Shore from Baldwin.

Hey guys! I applied to the 2 year program as well. I dont have any courses at Stony Brook, but i heard being one of their own is a real advantage :) Good luck to you guys! I was wondering also did anyone find a seperate blog aimed at the two year program?

+ Add a Comment