OHSU Accelerated Bachelors to Masters 2011

U.S.A. Oregon

Published

Anyone else applying to OHSU's accelerated bachelors program this year? The application seems to be open, though I'm not seeing a place to select a specialty within it.

I sent a thank you card, but it probably doesn't make a difference either way! The wait is killer.

I wish I could've sent a thank you card but I had a phone interview (Psych specialty), and the 5 people on the other end said their names so fast I don't even remember the full names now! I barely heard them then darn it :p

Getting antsy...

Tanya,

Thank you for the info! I think I was probably in the interview when you posted. I had pretty much the same questions, but for some reason was caught off guard and really nervous and stumbled over my words a bit. Where are you in Cali? I'm from Redondo Beach but live in Portland now. IS OHSU your first choice? Did you apply to other PMHNP programs around the country? They told me they would let us know either way by the end of the month (I wish this month would end!)

Did you apply to the Accelerated BSN as well. I think we find out about that late March.

Thanks for the feedback and best of luck as well.

Cheers,

L

Tanya,

I couldnt remember their names either, but **** ****** most likely led the interview. Her mailing address is on the OHSU website.

Cheers

Hi Lola-

No matter how prepared we are, everyone gets nervous when it comes to the interview! I guess in my case it's just a blessing they could only hear it, and not see it since it was over the phone! I am from San Diego, CA and have lived here pretty much my whole life. I applied to a few other programs, all accelerated MSN, none acc. BSN. I've already heard back from 3 schools and am waiting on 2 others besides OHSU. I'm honestly not sure what my #1 choice is now. I thought it was UCSF, but when I went for the interview I didn't like the environment and atmosphere near as much as I anticipated, so I have a top few I'd say. I'm visiting Columbia in 2 weeks, and if I get accepted to OHSU will make a trip out there to visit as well. This is a huge decision so I want to make sure I have all the information possible about each program, and visiting the campuses is a huge part of that! Is OHSU your 1st choice?

Antsy doesn't even start to describe how I'm feeling. I remember hearing somewhere that OHSU (midwifery, at least) does phone calls for accepted students... does anyone know if that's true? I'm jumping out of my skin every time the phone rings, and I don't even know if I'm in the right here!

Yes, Partera, you're correct! I'm ecstatic to say that I just got a phone call and I'm in! The woman on the other end of the call said that I should expect the formal letter in the mail in about a week. OHSU is my top choice and the first school I've heard back from.

Wishing everyone else the very best of luck! Hang in there, I know the waiting is a killer.

I just got home a few hours ago from a fantastic birth and now this! I'm thrilled :)

So I assume no call means not in? :( booo.

Give it some time... it may take them some time to get through the list. If they are even making all the calls today. My phone call lasted a bit as she gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Don't lose hope! I have my fingers crossed for you!

babymidwife1 - I am assuming it is lunch time in Portland right about now, perhaps in an hour you and I will get our magical phone calls? :chair:

Congrats Calinursetobe! I was wondering if those who've received calls are all going for midwifery? I am for the PMH specialty, and noticed they did things a bit differently (and a bit later) for us, so am not sure if I am working off the same timeframe as the midwifery folks. Any info would be helpful - thanks!

+ Add a Comment