OHSU Accelerated Bachelors to Masters 2011

U.S.A. Oregon

Published

Anyone else applying to OHSU's accelerated bachelors program this year? The application seems to be open, though I'm not seeing a place to select a specialty within it.

I haven't heard anything specific about times for the interview. What I do know is that my friends who interviewed (and got in) at both OHSU and UCSF did not wear suits. I'm going shopping tomorrow. If I find a suit that is comfortable and not insanely expensive I might get one, but I feel like I'd never wear it again, so I'm going to be looking for separates that seem appropriate.

I wonder when we will receive more information about the interview? Does anyone know what the structure of the day will be like or if the interview is with one or more people? As far as what to wear goes, I am still wondering how to stay warm and look professional at the same time!

"I want to take a moment to let you know that a final itinerary for interviews will be sent tomorrow morning. We have had to do some last minute schedule shuffling and we should have things finalized soon. I certainly don't want to leave you hanging, so I hope this update will suffice until tomorrow. "

After shopping for HOURS yesterday I went to Target to pick up something else and ended up buying this dress:

http://tinyurl.com/4t76oz8, which I think I might wear to the interview with tights, a sweater, and a blazer. It's hard to tell from the picture but it's basically suit material and it's super comfortable. I am worried about being warm enough though, so I have businessy wool pants and a blouse as backup (also with a blazer).

After trying on many, many suits I decided they all make me look like I'm drowning and petite suits are difficult to find.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten good news! It seems that a pretty large percentage of this group was offered interviews. I am ecstatic to say that I was also offered the opportunity to interview for the midwifery specialty!

Has anyone received any more specifics besides the two initial emails? I am waiting to purchase a flight until I know exactly when I need to be there. I'm a birth doula and want to be gone for a short a time as possible to avoid using my backup and ensure that I can be there to support this mama while not missing any important interview events.

i just wanted to wish best of luck to everyone interviewing this weekend :) congrats on making it this far -- it means you're pretty awesome.

It was really nice meeting y'all this weekend! I hope everyone's interviews went well.

Those of you who went before me were right that it wasn't as scary as I was imagining. I was definitely nervous for the first question or so, but then I felt pretty comfortable.

Good luck!

Anyone care to share anything more about what the days were like for interviewees? Hope you all had a great trip there and back!

Partera-Are you interviewing, or just wanting to know for next year? On Thursday there was a potluck with faculty. My interview was on Friday There was a tour of campus about an hour before my interview so I went on that and then hurried back for my interview. It took a little over an hour (about 75% questions for me 25% me asking questions).

I'm interviewing this Friday and feeling a little nervous about it. Thanks for the info though. Did you (or anyone else out there) learn anything about the program that really surprised you or made you feel strongly one way or the other about the possibility of attending? I'm bummed to have missed out on the events of last week's interview session, as I don't think there's much scheduled this week... but I couldn't rearrange my work schedule to make it happen.

Also, I'm on the fence about how formal to dress -- I saw your post about the dress. So suits are not necessary?

Good luck to you all!

Anybody on here just applying to the ABSN program? Any news of when we are supposed to hear back?

Hello fellow future nurses! I applied to the Psychiatric Mental Health specialty at OHSU and was wondering if everyone here that went for an in person interview and entire program with potluck, etc. applied for the midwifery specialty. I ask because I wasn't even offered the entire 2-day program deal, just a phone interview with the entire PMHNP faculty on the other line (I just had it and it went great!). I thought that was very different than what everyone on here is describing. I thought it was weird also, them being such a great school. This is a difficult decision to make (where to go) and it makes it that much harder not seeing the campus and getting a real feel for the program!

For those of you that went in person, can you share any of your experiences? I have heard mixed things about OHSO and would love your 1st-hand experience! Did the faculty seem nice and approachable? Did you get to meet other students in the program who shared their experience? What did you think of the area and campus? Any info would be greatly appreciated =)

+ Add a Comment