The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) is a public institution that was founded in 1895.
The University of Texas at Arlington RN-BSN program has been rated as one of the most highly ranked and well regarded nursing programs in the nation.
The traditional BSN program is designed for students that desire to be licensed and practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). This pre-licensure program will prepare the student to utilize the vast knowledge gained and safely practice evidence-based nursing. Graduates are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam and then be eligible for state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
The RN-BSN program is designed for nurses who currently have a Diploma in Nursing or an Associate Degree in Nursing and are looking to further their education with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. Our number one nationally ranked program offers online and in classroom options for students.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The MSN programs offered at the University of Texas at Arlington are diverse in selection and complex in their difficulty. The MSN programs prepare students for advanced practice, management, and research endeavors.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Education
- Nurse Practitioner MSN Degree
- Online MSN
- Post-Master's Certificates
The Nurse Practitioner programs are available as MSN degree programs as well as post-MSN certificate programs. To be qualified to complete a certificate program, Nurse Practitioners must have completed an MSN from the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited program. Some NP programs require Saturday courses and events.
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Population Specific Programs
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
The PhD programs at the University of Texas at Arlington are available for nurses who have completed a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Program options are available for BSN-PhD and MSN-PhD. The program prepares nurse scientists to improve health outcomes for diverse and vulnerable populations by reducing health disparities. Programs are available as blended learning, online and on-campus programs.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The 36 credit doctorate level Nursing Practice program builds upon the Master's degree knowledge for nurses interested in advancing into leadership, clinical experience, and innovation. The program is based upon evidence-based research. Courses surround the concept of leadership, translation of evidence based-research into clinical relevancy, epidemiology, health policy, as well as specialized clinical practice.
The DNP curriculum meets the AACN essentials for the Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice.
Mentoring Program for Doctoral Students
Unlike other university Nursing programs, the University of Texas at Arlington offers a mentoring program for students who are attending a doctorate level course. The mentoring program offers an opportunity for doctorate level students to be matched with faculty or community leaders for support throughout their program.
The faculty and advisory staff at the University of Texas at Arlington are truly dedicated as they strive to make your learning experience positive, productive, and valuable as you rise to meet and surpass your goals as a Nurse.
The University of Texas at Arlington is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
The baccalaureate, masters and DNP programs in the College of Nursing and Health Innovation are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
US News & World Report (2019)
- #221 (tie) in National Universities
- #126 (tie) in Top Public Schools
- #75 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
- #56 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #84 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- #22 in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs for Veterans
- #1 among national public universities for graduating students with the least debt
- #5 in the nation for undergraduate diversity
- #446 (tie) Best Global Universities
- Best Online Colleges in America #9
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #83
- Best Big Colleges in America #102
- Top Public Universities in America #185
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #480
- Best Colleges in America #497
- Most Liberal Colleges in America #548
- Best Value Colleges in America #593
- Best Online Colleges in Texas #3
- Most Diverse Colleges in Texas #4
- Best Colleges for Nursing in Texas #4
- Best Big Colleges in Texas #7
- Top Public Universities in Texas #8
- Best Value Colleges in Texas #19
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Texas #20
- Most Liberal Colleges in Texas #20
- Best Colleges in Texas #23
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Texas #38
- Best College Campuses in Texas #45
- Safest College Campuses in Texas #48
- Best Value Colleges in Dallas-Fort Worth Area #6
- Best Colleges in Dallas-Fort Worth Area #7
- #146 America's Best Value Colleges
- #517 Top Colleges
- #187 in Public Colleges
- #209 in Research Universities
- #115 in the South
The College of Nursing and Health Innovation is ranked No. 1 in Texas and No. 9 in the nation for veteran friendliness by College Factual.
UTA's Online Master of Nursing program was ranked No. 25 on Graduate Program.com's 2017 Top Graduate Schools list.
The online BSN degree is ranked #6 on ValueColleges.com's Top 50 Best Value Online RN to BSN list.
The College of Nursing and Health Innovation's PhD and Doctor of Nursing Practice degrees were ranked #35 and #42, respectively, in Value Colleges' 2016 Top 50 Best Value Online college lists.
UTA is ranked #1 in Texas for Veterans - Military Times, 2017
The Princeton Review included UTA on its list of The Best 381 Colleges: 2017 Edition.
UTA was ranked No. 8 in ValueColleges.com's Best Online Colleges in Texas.