- Location Harrogate, Tennessee
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-MSN, RN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, MSN-to-DNP, CRNA, NP
- Website URL Visit Website
Lincoln Memorial University, out of love and respect for the President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln, was established in 1897 and is a private, non-profit institution.
The Caylor School of Nursing was established in 1974.
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)
The LMU ASN program is designed to help prepare graduates to be NCLEX-RN prepared and qualified to be nurses through an entry level program. Those who complete the program are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensure exam and after passing, are eligible to start work as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Admissions Criteria (not all inclusive)
- Pre-requisite course completion
- Academic transcripts transferred to the school
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
Licensed Practical Nurse to Associate of Science in Nursing (LPN to ASN)
This program includes the ASN program, but includes 8 credits for LPN mobility. It gives the student six credit hours once the LPN submits proof of his/her license. After document submission and proof of one year of current work, an additional two credits will be awarded.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
LMU Caylor School of Nursing offers two BSN options for the student who would like to obtain the Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
BSN Option #1
This program is an accelerated 17-month option for students who would like to complete their nursing degree in four sequential semesters (Fall I, Spring, Summer, Fall II). This program allows the student who becomes licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) to enter the workforce six months sooner than other programs.
RN-BSN Option #2
This Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - RN-BSN option is a 100% online program for RNs who have an ASN degree or Diploma in Nursing and would like to complete their bachelor’s degree to open other career or educational opportunities.
Students who have their RN license may receive up to 31 credits.
Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Current, unrestricted license in the state the nurse resides
- Current practice for the last two years, or graduated from a nursing program within the last year
- Received a 'C' or better in earlier nursing courses
- Completed 16 credit hours in the RN-BSN Program in the Caylor School of Nursing
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Family Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
The Family Nurse Practitioner program at LMU concentrates on advanced practice in the specialty of family health promotion and culturally competent clinical management of common conditions across the lifespan.
Length of program: 17-month, 43 semester hours of graduate coursework including a minimum of 660 clinical hours. Only 6 credits may be transferred.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
Full- or Part-Time status available. Advisors are available and required for part time students to ensure all prerequisite courses are completed. Other requirements include:
- Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program
- GPA of 'B' (3.0) or better
- Recommended - Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Minimum of three references from healthcare professionals
- RN license in the state of Tennessee; clinical practicum may necessitate licensure in neighboring states
FNP Clinical Placements
There is a required commute for the students who drive for their clinical hours. Clinical placement options may be in private practices, community health centers, public health centers, and/or other settings which can help meet the learning needs of the student.
LMU MSN Nurse Anesthesia (NA) Concentration
NOTE: The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) requires that all students matriculating into a nurse anesthesia educational program on January 1, 2022 or thereafter be enrolled in a program approved by the COA to award a practice doctoral degree. The program plans to submit its application to the COA for approval to award the Doctor of Nurse Practice degree in August, 2020. Pending approval by the COA, the program plans to enroll its first doctoral cohort of students in August, 2021.
The LMU MSN Nurse Anesthesia (NA) program is designed for nurses who would like to complete their studies with a focus in anesthesia.
Length of program: 28-month program requiring 81 semester hours of graduate coursework, including five semesters in clinical practicum, a comprehensive exam, and a completed directed scholarly project.
This program is a full time enrollment only.
Admission to the NA Concentration (not all inclusive)
- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate nursing program
- GPA 'B' (3.0) or better
- Competitive GRE scores
- Minimum of three reference letters
- Two undergraduate chemistry courses, one of which has a laboratory component
- Written statement of professional goals
- Current Tennessee RN license; clinical practicum will require licensure in Kentucky, Georgia, Virginia, and any other state where students might obtain clinical experience
- At least one year experience as an RN in critical care; adult critical care experience preferred
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS must be current
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is a doctoral degree that can be completed in four semesters of full-time study; part-time study options are available.
The Caylor School of Nursing also offers a post-master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice degree in an all online format.
Program Start Dates/Campus Locations
- ASN-Blount (Alcoa, TN) – Fall and Spring Admissions
- ASN-Corbin, KY - Fall Admissions
- ASN-Harrogate (Main campus) - Fall Admissions
- ASN-Physicians Regional Medical Center (Knoxville, TN) - Fall and Spring Admissions
- BSN-Cedar Bluff (Knoxville, TN) - Fall Admissions
- BSN-Harrogate (Main campus) - Fall Admissions
- Online RN to BSN - Fall, Spring, and Summer Admissions
- MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Harrogate (Main campus) - Fall Admissions
- MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Kingsport, TN - Fall Admissions
- MSN-Nurse Anesthetist (NA)-Harrogate (Main campus) - Fall Admissions
- MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Cedar Bluff (Knoxville, TN) - Spring Admissions
- MSN-Family Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (FPMHNP) Cedar Bluff (Knoxville, TN) - Spring Admissions
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Fall, Spring, and Summer Admissions
Approval and Accreditation
The Tennessee Board of Nursing approved the associate, baccalaureate and master's degree programs.
The Kentucky Board of Nursing also approved the associate degree program.
LMU plans to submit its application to the COA for approval to award the Doctor of Nurse Practice degree in August, 2020.
The associate, baccalaureate and master's degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
The Council on Accreditation (COA) of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs accredited the Master of Science Nurse Anesthesia concentration.
LMU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
NCLEX Pass Rates 2018
- ADN - 97%
- BSN - 99%
US News & World Report (2019)
- #58 (tie) in Regional Universities South
- #40 (tie) in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #1 in Best Value Schools
- #94 (tie) in Nursing-Anesthesia
- Best College Dorms in America #30 of 1,370
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #67 of 599
- Best Small Colleges in America #222 of 997
- Top Private Universities in America #323 of 975
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #449 of 725
- Best College Campuses in America #507 of 1,408
- Best Colleges in America #517 of 1,647
- Best Value Colleges in America #537 of 1,590
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #785 of 1,542
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #850 of 1,592
- Best Colleges for Nursing in Tennessee #2 of 20
- Best College Dorms in Tennessee #3 of 35
- Best Value Colleges in Tennessee #9 of 37
- Best Small Colleges in Tennessee #9 of 25
- Most Diverse Colleges in Tennessee #10 of 37
- Top Private Universities in Tennessee #10 of 29
- Best Colleges in Tennessee #12 of 38
- Best College Campuses in Tennessee #13 of 35
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Tennessee #16 of 37
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Tennessee #20 of 35
- Most Conservative Colleges in Tennessee #24 of 28
College Factual ranked LMU #20 Best Colleges for the Money in Tennessee (2018-2019).
MONEY Magazine ranked LMU #469 Best Colleges For Your Money (2018-2019).
Edited by sirI