Samuel Merritt Spring 2021 BSN

Posted
by Saeed. Saeed. Member Student Pre-Student

You are reading page 9 of Samuel Merritt Spring 2021 BSN. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

starter12345

starter12345

202 Posts

Hello, what is everyones stats? Also, I asked this before but whats everyones thoughts about the high price tag? 90k??

CaitlinT

CaitlinT

33 Posts

On 6/15/2020 at 10:12 PM, starter12345 said:

Hello, what is everyones stats? Also, I asked this before but whats everyones thoughts about the high price tag? 90k??

In a BSN Webinar, ---------------------a presented statistics that stated SMU grads rank pretty high on the list of highest earnings for recent Bachelor's Degree graduates. In many ways, this is reassuring.

Edited by dianah
Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers

AdriN

AdriN

55 Posts

7 minutes ago, starter12345 said:

Hello, what is everyones stats? Also, I asked this before but whats everyones thoughts about the high price tag? 90k??

GPA: 3.3

science: 3.4

800 hours of health care experience, attended nursing success seminar.

not the best GPA, but hoping for the best!

starter12345

starter12345

202 Posts

On 6/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, CaitlinT said:

In a BSN Webinar, ----------------------- presented statistics that stated SMU grads rank pretty high on the list of highest earnings for recent Bachelor's Degree graduates. In many ways, this is reassuring.

Oh really! do you have the link or anything?

Edited by dianah
Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers

StarlaB

56 Posts

Hello! -------------------- said to just email her and she can send you over the PowerPoint she used for the webinar. It gives the stats plus a ton of other information, FAFSA, work-study, loans, etc! So I recommend just reaching out to her, she usually responds quickly! Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by dianah
Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers

Tiffany Vo

Tiffany Vo, CNA

20 Posts

16 hours ago, CaitlinT said:

Thanks, @OliviaNorman & @RatchetRed! That's awesome to hear. Good luck to you!

Does anyone have experience with Advanced Placement Credit?

Was on a few of the BSN Chatrooms, but couldn't get a definitive answer. Basically, I took some AP Exams in high school which, thus, gave me college credit for various courses (e.g, English Lit/Composition AP Exam gave me credit for the English 1A class).

Are these scores reflected on your Official college transcript? Is there a letter grade associated with each AP score? I'd appreciate any help if anyone has a similar experience.

Hello Caitlin!

For my AP classes, I just added the class to my first college quarter's transcript entry. I put "CR" for the grade to indicate that it was for AP "credit". Once you get to the part that says "Review and Finalize My Transcripts", there will be a portion where you can indicate which AP classes you took.

NursingCAS had a video about the Transcript Entry was really helpful and a portion of it shows us how to do the AP part. I'll link it below!

Good luck! I hope this was helpful! ?

https://help.liaisonedu.com/NursingCAS_Applicant_Help_Center/Filling_Out_Your_NursingCAS_Application/Academic_History/3_Transcript_Entry

CaitlinT

CaitlinT

33 Posts

16 minutes ago, Tiffany Vo said:

Hello Caitlin!

For my AP classes, I just added the class to my first college quarter's transcript entry. I put "CR" for the grade to indicate that it was for AP "credit". Once you get to the part that says "Review and Finalize My Transcripts", there will be a portion where you can indicate which AP classes you took.

NursingCAS had a video about the Transcript Entry was really helpful and a portion of it shows us how to do the AP part. I'll link it below!

Good luck! I hope this was helpful! ?

https://help.liaisonedu.com/NursingCAS_Applicant_Help_Center/Filling_Out_Your_NursingCAS_Application/Academic_History/3_Transcript_Entry

This was extremely helpful, Tiffany. Thank you so much! Do you know if the courses for which you received AP credit are supposed to be reflected on your official transcripts from your college? Or will the College Board AP Scores suffice?

Thanks!

gclugtu

gclugtu

2 Posts

Hi everyone!

Science GPA: 4.0

Prereq GPA: 3.7 so far. I'm taking lifespan this Summer and philosophy and music for fall.

Volunteering Hours: 200+ hours in Med-Surg and Step-Down Units at Highland Hospital in Oakland.

Certified in CPR/BLS

Anatomy & Physiology tutor/TA at my local CC.

Bilingual

No HESI

My application has been verified by NursingCas 5 days ago.

Edited by gclugtu

Pk zee

Pk zee

85 Posts

Just wondering anyone know who many applicants this year ?

ashley_godt1

ashley_godt1

6 Posts

Hey guys!

Overall GPA 3.78 (this is final for Samuel Merritt. I'm taking O-Chem in the fall to expand my applications), No HESI, experience as a chiropractic aide and a caregiver. I have my CPR cert. If accepted, I'll be commuting from Roseville.

So cool to hear from other applicants! Best of luck to all of you!

starter12345

starter12345

202 Posts

9 hours ago, ashley_godt1 said:

Hey guys!

Overall GPA 3.78 (this is final for Samuel Merritt. I'm taking O-Chem in the fall to expand my applications), No HESI, experience as a chiropractic aide and a caregiver. I have my CPR cert. If accepted, I'll be commuting from Roseville.

So cool to hear from other applicants! Best of luck to all of you!

What program and school did you apply too?