Jump to content


Registered User

Content by wingcharm

  1. wingcharm

    4 hourly vs 4/24

    I'm still confused with these two terms used for frequency of medication (4 hourly vs 4/24)... are they the same or different? Please help.
  2. Basically, the title says it all. I know there are other existing threads related to this and helped me a lot in planning for my goal. However, those threads are already so saturated. And I want to call out those who are in the same boat. (1.) A nursing grad w/o experience (2) Wants to study in Australia ... So those who are planning, already applying, or already studying in Australia, do share your ideas and experiences, and help shed light or give support. Thanks. :) As of now, I'm still processing my passport and my next step will be the IELTS review I still don't know if I'll pursue the BP or the one year nursing study in OZ. What's the difference anyway? Isn't it more convenient to just pursue the BP? Why do others choose to study for one year in the university? What's the main advantage?
  3. wingcharm

    Immigration Requirements for Australia and New Zealand

    Hi guys, I want to ask about the initial certificate of registration / statement of entry required by ANMAC... What is it exactly in PRC? Is it the board certificate or the certificate of good standing?
  4. I still can't believe that a lot still wants to pursue nursing in Australia! Guys, if you have lots of experience, go for it since you may apply for PR without sponsorship,,, but if you have no experience at all...think twice... no, a hundred times! They prefer nurses with experience if you're from overseas and for GNP position, they prioritize the locals and PRs!!!!
  5. Actually PRC sent it to AHPRA. We just provided the envelope and stamps. That was the instruction given to us by PRC.
  6. no problem with the mailing address but PRC said it would take a month before AHPRA receives it. Unlike if we send it to the street address by mail, it would only take 2 weeks max.
  7. yep. i went there and sent all my documents
  8. Not work as a nurse. And I just started applying for registration. So far most of my fellow friends have found work and sponsorship. Most of them end up in nursing homes. But those friends whom I've mentioned have lots of financial backup to give them enough time to search for sponsorship. If I didn't have financial support from my dad and relatives, I'll end up like those guys I've mentioned. And it's a real heartbreak.
  9. Regarding sponsorship, all I can say is it is still possible to get one but it will take long and you need real effort to seek for it. I've heard plenty of nurses here who joined the BP and IRON program and ended up going home because they didn't have enough time to search for work, much more a sponsor. It's a pity because some of them have loaned heaps of moolah back home. I'm saying this not to discourage you but to prevent you guys from putting yourself in financial trouble. The key to success here after the BP or IRON program is IELTS and Money money money. You need money to extend your stay and that's a requirement. If you can't do that then don't come to Australia. Several of these nurses have tied themselves to 'agencies' or 'education-financial institute', loaning money to take BPs and IRONs here. Now they've realized that their Visa would soon be expired and still can't find any sponsors. They don't have the money to extend their visas and they can't afford to go home because they still need to pay the 'loaned' money. Now they are banging they're head because they feel trapped and doomed. They were too excited with their 'dreams', they have overlooked the future. Don't think I'm crushing your dreams. I'm giving you a huge favor. If I can, I would like all these 'aspiring nurses' to know this simple truth. I want to save them before they put themselves in this situation. Now if you have the financial support, then you have hope. I'm not saying that it's easy just because you have the money. But at least you'll have enough time to increase your education, find work, expand your network etc.
  10. it's tricky because i asked AHPRA where to send the documents. They said mailing address. But PRC prefers it to be send to Street address. So I asked AHPRA what if I've mistakenly sent it to the street address. They said it doesn't matter since they will still receive it anyway. Grrrr! So annoying. What's the purpose of posting their mailing address if it's more convenient to send it to the street address.
  11. thanks guys you're such a big help
  12. guys this is urgent please reply ASAP as I have no chance to read all the posts. My dad is in PRC now and when they asked to mail my certificate of good standing to AHPRAH, PRC said the mailing address is not acceptable and they gave an alternative address which is the Adelaide street address (since I'm here in Adelaide). But I've taken the mailing address from the AHPRAH website. Please help me. Where should I send it? [h=4]STREET ADDRESS:[/h]Level 8 121 King William Street Adelaide SA 5000 [h=4]MAILING ADDRESS:[/h]AHPRA GPO Box 9958 Adelaide SA 5001 [h=4][/h]
  13. what do you mean ceridwyn? what might be the problem? please tell.
  14. I'm planning to extend my study here so the affidavit of support will come from my relative who'll sponsor me here. This is for student visa requirement.
  15. Then I should really ask my sponsor to sign it for me in US. Thanks silverdragon.
  16. Hi I have a question regarding affidavit of support. I'm now in Australia and my sponsor is in US. I have an affidavit of support template and I'll just print and send it to my sponsor to be signed. However, the previous affidavit was signed and created in the Phil. by a notary public. So is it fine if I send the form to US for signature?... and then send the it to the Phil. so my dad can give it to a notary public? I know you'll say that I should just ask my sponsor to notarize it for me in the US, but she's a very busy person so we want to make it less hassle for her. What do you think?
  17. There are 2 types of general registration application form in APHRA... the first one is for those who were trained overseas... the second one is for those who graduated in an Australian institution. Since I'm an international student, I did both. So what application form should I choose??? Please help/
  18. Hi what are the requirements for registration in APHRA? I've checked the website and have the checklist but it seems vague to me. Is there a Filipino student like me who finished a one year nursing course in Australia who's already registered, or passed their requirements? Please give me a specific checklist so that I can start preparing my requirements early. I need to know which documents should I get from the Philippines as I'm aware of our super sloooooooow system. Please please help. Thanks
  19. Does anyone have any idea about non award course???
  20. yes I planned to take another student visa by studying an English course but I don't want to get the "no further stay" condition which is common for an assessment 3 who wants to take an ELICOS exam less than 10 months. However, if there's no other option i might just take that path as well. I hope this won't flare another argument but the problem of the IELTS takers, not just the students but even the permanent resident or native speakers is that they might be good in English but they don't have enough strategical skills for the test. So even if they are considered fluent in English, there is no assurance that one can easily pass the exam in a breeze. So to pass the IELTS, you should atleast know the basic strategies and it's now up to the test taker if he/she can apply it well or not.
  21. Who says it's easy to find work here? Nothing's easy especially for me. But it is also true that some did get a job even if they don't have experience. And nobody said to work without the "work rights". I just said students have the option to get a job as long as they're not choosy like being a cleaner or kitchenhand. Of course one needs 7 in IELTS to get registered. I don't understand why you're pertaining like I am encouraging everyone to act against the law. That's why I'm asking for help on how to extend my visa because I want to stay here legally. However tourist visa is not my option because I need to work. ELICOS visa will put me at risk for no further stay condition. And I can't afford to go home. So I'm wondering if there's a better visa option. I think I'm clear about that.
  22. Going home might be a better option for others who have job experiences as long as they get the registration and do it online. However I don't have any work experience when I came here. The only experience I have these days is my current work as a carer in the nursing home. I have confidence that I can get the IELTS score needed as long as I'm given enough time to prepare for it. I had Chinese classmates who are less fluent than me but was able to get the score they want after several practices and takes. In my case, I know I have a better chance of getting the 7 band although I'm not expecting to get it in one take. And while studying, not getting a job? As long as you're not picky you can get one. My advice is go to an agency first to help seek for a job. These were my classmates stepping stones. Some of them worked as a cleaner first or kitchen assistant, some did volunteer work then eventually absorbed by the nursing homes. It's just a matter of effort and wise decision. Now finding a nursing job after registration is the biggest challenge. I don't know how to achieve this yet but nothing's impossible when there's perseverance.
  23. I can't get that option because I have work and I need work to survive here. Furthermore, getting those visa or even the ELICOS student visa will put me at risk of getting the "no further stay" condition. And I can't afford to go back home and make another application to come back to Australia. Some of my classmates mentioned about visa extension while waiting for the registration result but I've checked the immigration website and nothing about that visa is written here. I've read about bridging visa but it doesn't seem to apply for our current situation. If anybody has an idea about visa extension after graduation, please tell me.
  24. To those who wants to go to Australia to study. It is a much wiser decision to get IELTS 7 first before going overseas. It will lessen your burden after you graduate. Believe me. Now for those who want to get IELTS 7 while studying the conversion course, it is alright as long as you find work immediately. Find find find find a job! I am pressuring you, find a job! IELTS is worth 330 AUD. And I advice you to take IELTS early but make sure that you're confident enough to take it. What I meant is practice a lot if you are not that fluent in English. Know your weakness. Most takers get a low score in writing and reading. Now if you fail, then you have the entire year to take it again and again and again and you have a job to help you for the funds. The usual dilemma of students who are graduating this year is the IELTS. We did conversion course and we had our chance to take IELTS earlier but we didn't. Instead we took it in 2-3 months before graduation. And surprise surprise most of us didn't get the IELTS 7 band! Now majority of us are worrying about how to extend our visa just for the sake of IELTS. We are supposed to concentrate for our registration and passing the papers, but now we have to think of more moolah for our stay here. Don't follow us. Be wise. Either take the IELTS before going to Australia, or take it early while studying here. You choose.
  25. im in flinders uni.... i have 573 visa please help