One thing I’d ask would be how compensation is structured (pay per visit, hourly, salary, and then mileage reimbursement, company car?). -Company compensation does vary greatly so if it’s not clear then ASK! Also if it’s hourly are you getting paid for the time at the clients home AND commute time or just home time? Depending on how compensation is structured this may or may not work for you driving 100 miles (just an arbitrary example) to see the client
Other things that come to mind:
1. Expected geography coverage (do they expect you to cover an entire county, district, etc will it be expected to cover 100 miles round trip to see a client, for example)? - I drive 75 miles today just to reach my first client. Though, I knew that beforehand.
2. What is average case load expectation and acuity (hospice, psych, med-surg, new moms/baby, etc)? -I work with adult and pedi med-surg and psych.
3. What is expected for full time versus part time as far as case load/benefits? -In my company I have to build up caseload to acquire FT status. Everyone’s different though
4. What supplies can you expect the company to provide and what supplies do they expect you to provide (bag, steth, BP cuff, sharps, etc)? -Many companies vary on supplies offered so always good to ask.
5. What kind of company support can you expect when you’re out in the field and you need assistance? -For example in my office I can contact someone any time I’m in the field and run across something I need help with which was VERY helpful in the beginning!
I hope you’re experience is like mine and you end up really enjoying this. Best of luck to you!