Currently looking for good and not extremely expensive accelerated BSN programs. I live in TX and would prefer to stay here for in-state tuition but most of the schools here are pretty competitive so I'm willing to apply out of state too.
Not too sure if I'm a competitive candidate:
- BA in biology
- currently have a 3.3 gpa overall but I can (hopefully) get that to a 3.5 by the time I graduate
- nursing prereq gpa around 3.56 (still have 4 classes to complete - 3 of them will most likely be As)
- volunteered in a hospital for 2 semesters
- did research for 1 semester
- working as a personal care attendant for 2 autistic men
In case you forgot to think to mention, Texas is just a tad big... so it's difficult to give advice on a specific organization when you do not specify where you live.
However, having said that, you want a college or university that is accredited by the ACEN ... Search ACEN Accredited Nursing Programs
Here is why:
1) Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing Recognition | Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
2) Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing Earning Recognition as an Accrediting Agency | Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
Best wishes !!!