Pima Community College Fall 2019

Published

You are reading page 2 of Pima Community College Fall 2019

araew2129, ADN

349 Posts

Specializes in MSICU. Has 2 years experience.

Someone in class told me today that they were told March 1st for decisions by the nursing dept. Ugh. Longer than I thought!

Dreamchaser86

43 Posts

7 hours ago, araew2129 said:

Someone in class told me today that they were told March 1st for decisions by the nursing dept. Ugh. Longer than I thought!

I actually called today because I remember them telling me to call by a certain time if I hadn’t heard from them but I couldn’t remember if they said two or three weeks. She said that they say to call if we haven’t heard by March 1. So we should hear before then. I think they will most likely have it done before then or else they will have a phone ringing off the hook lol.

csmith0518

6 Posts

I work at Banner currently and this weekend I worked with one of the instructors. (she picks up on my unit often) She was apart of the deciding committee and she told me they finished looking threw and picking out everyone this last Friday, and emails should be sent soon.

She also told me they had 350 applications this round and they are only accepting 110 students for fall. Good luck everyone! Hope we all get in!

colivares4

19 Posts

4 minutes ago, csmith0518 said:

I work at Banner currently and this weekend I worked with one of the instructors. (she picks up on my unit often) She was apart of the deciding committee and she told me they finished looking threw and picking out everyone this last Friday, and emails should be sent soon.

She also told me they had 350 applications this round and they are only accepting 110 students for fall. Good luck everyone! Hope we all get in!

That info is super useful, thank you but ouch lol 350 is a lot.. don't wanna be a negative nancy but do you guys have any backup plans? I was thinking of doing paramedic training.

araew2129, ADN

349 Posts

Specializes in MSICU. Has 2 years experience.

My backup plans are just other RN programs. I applied to MEPN at the UA (but this would not be my first or second choice), and also to the traditional BSN through NAU on pima's campus (this might actually be my top choice).

csmith0518

6 Posts

She also told me this round what the "min accepting points" were...she couldn't remember if it was high 78 or 80 points they let in...

When I talked to Yolanda (nursing admission lady) last semester it was 68 points...

I applied last semester and didn't get in...I improved my score and got more points this round and praaayyyinnng I make it this time..

colivares4

19 Posts

3 minutes ago, araew2129 said:

My backup plans are just other RN programs. I applied to MEPN at the UA (but this would not be my first or second choice), and also to the traditional BSN through NAU on pima's campus (this might actually be my top choice).

Those are good!! Are they 2 years or 4 years? With your prereqs done and all.

colivares4

19 Posts

6 minutes ago, csmith0518 said:

She also told me this round the "min accepting points" were...she couldn't remember if it was high 78 or 80 points they let in...

I applied last semester and didn't get in...I improved my score and got more points this round and praaayyyinnng I make i..

Good for you!! ? I'm praying for all of us lol - we want it extra bad we're even on an online forum supporting each other dying of anticipation. Do you know if they still do the alternate spots? What does that even mean?

csmith0518

6 Posts

33 minutes ago, colivares4 said:

Good for you!! ? I'm praying for all of us lol - we want it extra bad we're even on an online forum supporting each other dying of anticipation. Do you know if they still do the alternate spots? What does that even mean?

I want all of us to make it too!!!! I am not sure about alternate spots yet though..hopefully...lol

Dreamchaser86

43 Posts

4 hours ago, csmith0518 said:

She also told me this round what the "min accepting points" were...she couldn't remember if it was high 78 or 80 points they let in...

When I talked to Yolanda (nursing admission lady) last semester it was 68 points...

I applied last semester and didn't get in...I improved my score and got more points this round and praaayyyinnng I make it this time..

Eeeekkk I have 80 points. I am praying that got me in. 350 is a ton of applications. I also applied to NAU but i didn’t do well on my science portion of the Kaplan so I bet I won’t get in there. I thought I was going to be golden with 80 points since last semester was 68...

araew2129, ADN

349 Posts

Specializes in MSICU. Has 2 years experience.
6 hours ago, colivares4 said:

Those are good!! Are they 2 years or 4 years? With your prereqs done and all.

The MEPN is a 15 month program. But it is a masters program, you have to have a bachelors in another field. The NAU program is 2.5 years because it is 5 semesters and you have summers off.

Dreamchaser86

43 Posts

So I am sitting here freaking out. I am wondering if there is a possibility that they won’t accept my work letter. My employer just stated that I have worked 2-3 hrs a week since I started two years ago. But she didn’t put an exact number of hours. This could bump me down to 76 if they don’t accept it ??????. I am so sick to my stomach right now.