Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) ABSN 2024

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hello everyone!

I haven't seen a post for OHSU's 2024 ABSN program and figured I would start one!

I just received an email stating I got an interview slot for La, Grande!

Specializes in Pre-Nursing.
Johndoe said:

I just received an email stating I got an interview slot for La, Grande!

Congrats!! Best of luck to you! 

Specializes in Pre-Nursing.

Since there are no threads for my application cycle or program (3 year BSN (NOT ABSN) at Ashland)… and I can't be the only one... can someone, anyone, tell me if they have received an interview invite today for the 3 yr Ashland program? Please? I've not received any communication and today is the day they stated they would make contact. 

Specializes in Pre-Nursing.
dskvr said:

Are the applications for Ashland and La Grande closed? Some campuses had their application deadline extended by a lot. Might be why there is a delay. Best thing to do is call OHSU's program info line to double-check.

Yeah they closed in mid February. Just waiting on any communication of any kind about interviews for Ashland. Would be awesome to find someone else who applied here for that campus to see if all comms have been delayed or if it's just me! 

Specializes in Mental Health.

Amazing update for those hoping - I was offered the hospital fund today :') I've been somewhat tearful thinking about how much this will cut down my student debt. The hospital fund offer will cover all mandatory tuition and fees for five school terms!

Good luck everyone!

PDX12345 said:

Amazing update for those hoping - I was offered the hospital fund today :') I've been somewhat tearful thinking about how much this will cut down my student debt. The hospital fund offer will cover all mandatory tuition and fees for five school terms!

Good luck everyone!

That is so exciting! What is the hospital fund and what steps did you take to be offered the fund??

Specializes in Mental Health.
Johndoe said:

That is so exciting! What is the hospital fund and what steps did you take to be offered the fund??

The hospital fund is an offer in exchange for 2 years of work following graduation. So OHSU will cover 5 terms of tuition and fees if I agree to work for OHSU for 2 years after graduation. If you don't work for them you incur a 25% penalty (~11K I think). 

I didn't apply for anything extra! I read in earlier posts that each year they evaluate their needs and offer the fund if they can.

What cohort are you in?

Any other Portland ASBN admits here receive the offer? I am Winter 2025 cohort and have not received the hospital fund offer. 

SPG said:

What cohort are you in?

Any other Portland ASBN admits here receive the offer? I am Winter 2025 cohort and have not received the hospital fund offer. 

Same cohort, did not receive the offer either.

Which ABSN cohort are you in @PDX12345?

Specializes in Mental Health.
dskvr said:

Same cohort, did not receive the offer either.

Which ABSN cohort are you in @PDX12345?

I am in the Portland ABSN Summer cohort

PDX12345 said:

I am in the Portland ABSN Summer cohort

Thank you for letting us know, that makes sense. If they offer the hospital fund, it will likely be in order of cohort term start. Hopefully there will be some of that fund left for students in the Winter cohort, fingers crossed. At least we know it is offered again, and that's amazing news. Congrats @PDX12345 on your admission and receiving the offer 🙂

Has anyone in the fall 2024 cohort received the hospital fund? Have not heard anything about it.

+ Add a Comment