Thought everyone would get a kick out of this...
Top Ten Phrases Heard in The OR
1. I do it the same way everytime
2. See one, do one, teach one
3. Blame it on anesthesia
4. It's on back-order...
5. Did the sales rep bring food?
6. Turn up the music
7. Give me what I need, not what I ask for...
8. Because we've always done it that way!
9. It's on my card.
10. Who brought the CD's?
Aug 18, '04
this is often said in our o.r by none others
1. must i keep re-inventing the wheel.
2. who that in my room.
3. ask the charge nurse if i can have another team in another room.
4. help the doctor
5. come on lets go, the sooner we get this case started the sooner we finish (and we are all thinking but your the slowest doctor here it does'nt matter)
6. where is the head who's sleeping this patient.
7. can you keep the d**n patient sleep, we still have an hours worth of work here.
8. where did the nurse go, she is never in here when we need somthing.
9. " get me a 3-0 vicryl and have extra'sin the room." what size needle would you like? "what ever is on my card".
10. have you ever done one of these, your acting like its your first one ( all the while they have not done one) next word " get some one in here that knows what i am talking about when i ask for it" the clue is your not at hospital a) that uses all american surgical equipment your at b) hospital and we use all ethicon here
Last edit by Rnn2003 on Aug 18, '04