Hey you guys, can you please critique my resume? I am applying for a ward clerk job at a local hospital. I am 21 and I have no related job experiences. This comes out to 1 page when pasted into word. Also, one of the requirements for this job is 0-6 months experience. That means one with no experience can apply right?
XXX X LAST NAME XX
XX, CA XXXXX
Cell ; Email
College of XX, XX, CA Expected graduation: May 2015
XX Highschool 2006-2010
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Proficient in medical terminology
and human anatomy & physiology.
- Familiar with HIPAA
- BLS-HCP certified; expires June 2016
- Experienced in document formatting, proofreading, and file sorting.
- Able to type 78 words per minute with 98% accuracy.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Computer literate.
- Problem solved, prioritized, and participated in team projects in nursing school.
- Worked in pairs at nursing simulation labs and developed stronger teamwork skills.
RELATED VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
XX Medical Center: XX Emergency Department (January 2013 - October 2013)
- Assisted Unit Secretary with various tasks which include: collecting patient information, answering phone calls, and creating/filing documents.
- Transported patients to and from departments.
- Aided in patient discharge by readying paperwork and assisted patients with filling out forms.