Jump to content

NSU Nova Southeastern ABSN Winter 2021

Posted

Hello everyone!

I am creating this for anyone who has been accepted to Nova's ABSN Winter program. I was accepted and I'm excited to meet/help anyone applying to the program as well.

HI! I actually applied all the way back in march and I have not heard a single since then craziest thing honestly

15 hours ago, toriexoxo1 said:

HI! I actually applied all the way back in march and I have not heard a single since then craziest thing honestly

Have you tried contacting anyone? I am assuming you submitted your application through NursingCAS. A couple of days after I submitted my application, someone contacting me to let me know they had received it. They also kept in contact with me to verify some missing information. I applied to other programs and no one was as quick as Nova. You should definitely reach out to them.

7 hours ago, Luv2learn said:

Have you tried contacting anyone? I am assuming you submitted your application through NursingCAS. A couple of days after I submitted my application, someone contacting me to let me know they had received it. They also kept in contact with me to verify some missing information. I applied to other programs and no one was as quick as Nova. You should definitely reach out to them.

Hey, I just emailed them, and she called me almost immediately after. She said that they didn't starting reviewing Winter 2021 yet. did you get accepted for fall and defer to Winter 2021? Cause I mentioned that I knew someone that received their admissions and she said that wouldn't be possible because they haven't started Winter admissions yet.

30 minutes ago, toriexoxo1 said:

Hey, I just emailed them, and she called me almost immediately after. She said that they didn't starting reviewing Winter 2021 yet. did you get accepted for fall and defer to Winter 2021? Cause I mentioned that I knew someone that received their admissions and she said that wouldn't be possible because they haven't started Winter admissions yet.

Ahhhh that makes total sense! Yes, I was due to start in the fall but due to a personal matter, I was not able to. They were extremely kind in understanding and allowed me to defer until Winter. I am telling you, they are AMAZING!

Subcutaneous

Specializes in ABSN Student.

I am anxiously awaiting news about an interview (perhaps impatiently awaiting is a better descriptor), but I just had to email someone within admissions to clarify whether or not I'm interview eligible, as I understood from an Administrative Coordinator two weeks ago that the week of Aug 24th they would begin to reach out to "interview eligible" candidates, and some people were in fact contacted this past week. I have no reason to believe I would not be eligible, rather I'm pretty highly qualified, and I've had others involved with the process look through my application and transcripts and everything looked good. All I needed to do was finish my pre-reqs, which I have been doing (all A's).

All of that to say that I have had to be very diligent with my follow-ups, and at times I feel as if I'm pestering, but this is super important to me and Nova is my one and only application at this time. It's competitive, but so are my stats and my enthusiasm. Nova, what are you waiting for? You want me in that class.

@Subcutaneous  I understand your frustration, as this is extremely important, but if you were told they would start reaching out in August 24th, that is only a week ago. It is my understanding that anyone who has gotten accepted so far, were those few of us who deferred from Fall. I applied so late in the fall process that everything happened so fast for me. I know that if I had applied 4 months prior to the semester starting, I would have waited a long time. Do not despair, be patient and I a sure they'll contact you in time. Please let us know when you get news 🙂

Subcutaneous

Specializes in ABSN Student.

2 hours ago, Luv2learn said:

@Subcutaneous  I understand your frustration, as this is extremely important, but if you were told they would start reaching out in August 24th, that is only a week ago. It is my understanding that anyone who has gotten accepted so far, were those few of us who deferred from Fall. I applied so late in the fall process that everything happened so fast for me. I know that if I had applied 4 months prior to the semester starting, I would have waited a long time. Do not despair, be patient and I a sure they'll contact you in time. Please let us know when you get news 🙂

You are more than likely 100% right, Luv2. I think some of us are so demanding of ourselves that our high expectations sometimes unfairly fall onto others to try and carry. I'll have to be a little more patient.

Hi there , could anyone give me any ideas of what the interview questions are like I’m told it only lasts about 20 minutes . I just started studying for the Kaplan don’t wanna mess the interview up 

😫

1 hour ago, Tryingmybest21 said:

Hi there , could anyone give me any ideas of what the interview questions are like I’m told it only lasts about 20 minutes . I just started studying for the Kaplan don’t wanna mess the interview up 

😫

The interview questions are about you. There is really nothing to stress about. I interviewed with another program and my entire interview was 6 minutes as they rushed me through it. They made me feel as though I need to prove why I deserve a spot in their program. When I interviewed at Nova, it was a completely different atmosphere. I was not rushed, nor was I made to feel as though I was competing with med students. They just want to make sure your heart is in the right place. Be yourself and be honest. You will be fine!

I have my interview tomorrow and am super nervous! 

On 7/31/2020 at 4:23 PM, Luv2learn said:

Ahhhh that makes total sense! Yes, I was due to start in the fall but due to a personal matter, I was not able to. They were extremely kind in understanding and allowed me to defer until Winter. I am telling you, they are AMAZING!

Any advice for the interview? Do you remember any of the questions that they asked?

 

Also how is everyone studying for the Kaplan?

@amsams I don't remember the questions because I had interviewed with another program the week prior. I can't remember who asked what. However, I do remember that Nova asked me what was my biggest accomplishment. I remember thinking "WOW!, they do want to know about me!" but that is all I remember. Just be honest, be yourself, and you will be fine.

As far as the Kaplan goes, I did not study because I was only given like 4 days from interview to the test. I had just taken the TEAS a couple of weeks before that and I had made some notes for the TEAS so I only looked over my notes. I found (and this is just my opinion) that the Kaplan was easier than the TEAS, as it only has English and Bio/Anatomy. The TEAS has Chemistry and physics and so I spent more time studying laws (I.e. ideal gas law, Boyle's law) properties of the periodic table, memorizing physic equations, etc. I have read from other chats that people purchased the Kaplan Nursing handbook and studied from there. Good luck!

@Luv2learn thanks for the info! Iv'e never taken the TEAS but im glad its easier. Crossing my fingers everything goes well.

Hi everyone! I was accepted for fall but also deferred to start in Winter! I know someone made a facebook page for it, but I'm trying to get added. I'll be looking for a roommate once I get added to the page

29 minutes ago, annamarie_r said:

Hi everyone! I was accepted for fall but also deferred to start in Winter! I know someone made a facebook page for it, but I'm trying to get added. I'll be looking for a roommate once I get added to the page

Hello and congratulations! I do not believe there is a facebook page for 2021 yet. There was one for the Fall 2020. 

Edited by Luv2learn

7 hours ago, annamarie_r said:

Hi everyone! I was accepted for fall but also deferred to start in Winter! I know someone made a facebook page for it, but I'm trying to get added. I'll be looking for a roommate once I get added to the page

@annamarie_r Hi! I plan to apply for Winter 2021 this week. (I'm starting to get nervous seeing how many students were deferred from the Fall, and just how many people have already applied in general LOL) I was hoping to get your opinion on the interview process, orientation experience, how the Kaplan was. 

I attended the Nova Zoom Orientation for both the Fort Myers and Miami locations. The Kaplan Prep Book was recommended by the Fort Myers director. Was wondering if you used anything to study/prep?

Edited by curiousRN2021

9 hours ago, amsams said:

I have my interview tomorrow and am super nervous! 

Any advice for the interview? Do you remember any of the questions that they asked?

 

Also how is everyone studying for the Kaplan?

 

@amsams Just wanted to say good luck! I plan on applying to the WT program. Look forward to hearing how your experience goes! Sending positive vibes your way 😊 I can only imagine how nervous you are LOL

Edited by curiousRN2021

Hi everyone! I just decided to apply to this program, well pretty much to nursing in general as I am switching from PA to RN. I am still doing research on the school and realize they requiere human and growth developmental I think, but I have only taken development psychology (DEP1004) in the past and I am wondering if it is the same class! Also do you know how many people apply to this program and how many get accepted ? Do you think a 3.2 GPA is enough?.

Thank you so much in advance