Jump to content

NCLEX 2019 UWORLD/NCSBN

NCLEX   (779 Views 6 Comments)

754 Visitors; 29 Posts

advertisement

Hello,

 

I took my NCLEX 2018 and did not pass. I scored near passing standard in every level- ALL 265 questions.

At that time - I used UWORLD and both predictors showed I had a border line chance of passing- and yes that is exactly what happened.

Last week- I used the predictor again and I scored 92 with a high chance of passing. What really tripped me up was the way NCLEX asked the questions. It was simple and nothing like UWORLD and that really did not help me. This time I am using both NCSBN and UWORLD because I never want to be in that position again. Has this happened to anyone else? If you have taken the NCLEX you will the huge difference in the way the questions are asked. Thank you in advance.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 899 Visitors; 43 Posts

I hope this doesn't come off as rude but if it was so easy what happened that you failed? I've been doing UWorld and the Lacharty priority book and now I'm reading the questions were much easier than UWorld and you unfortunately failed. I'm planning to take the NCLEX in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

754 Visitors; 29 Posts

I said SIMPLE, please read. Meaning one or two word sentences . That threw me off. UWORLD was complex - so when I got to NLCEX I overthought everything. Good luck in July. And no, I dont care if you were rude or not. Just a bit over presumptuous in your comment IF you are a first time NLCEX taker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2,390 Visitors; 30 Posts

The study material works for differently for everyone.  For me, I wouldn't have passed NCLEX the second time around if it was not for Uworld .  The first time I used ATI and did bombed it.  I think the ATI questions were easier and did not have thorough rationals.  Not knocking ATI, because it has a great knowledge source.  ATI said I had a 95% chance of passing... well I guess the 5% won out.

I think my problem was not knowledge based, but how I approached the questions.  I believe Uworld is great if you have a good knowledge background, but need practice with questions.  The rationals helped me think of different approaches on how to answer.  I also did not just read the rationals, I dissected them just to understand why they chose that answer.  

I feel the problem with a lot of people who do not pass the first time around is problems with how to approach the questions.  Second is not addressing their stress/test anxiety.   I was really stressed out before taking the test and did not get much sleep before the test.  On my second go, I worked on reducing my stress by meditating (ya I know but I was desperate and was trying everything).  I have test anxiety so before the test I turned on a youtube meditation vid that I had been using.   

My advice, determine which areas you are lacking in based on your nclex scores and putting more focus those topics.  You are nearly passing so that's good because the knowledge is there but I think you may need to develop some strategies on how to answer the questions. I heard having a tutor works and look up kaplan decision tree.  

I hope what I said helps, good luck.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

265 Visitors; 32 Posts

On 5/29/2019 at 1:17 AM, The0Walrus said:

I hope this doesn't come off as rude but if it was so easy what happened that you failed? I've been doing UWorld and the Lacharty priority book and now I'm reading the questions were much easier than UWorld and you unfortunately failed. I'm planning to take the NCLEX in July.

What she means is vague. For example with pharm questions, UWorld will ask you a question about a medication but will most likely include the pt’s diagnosis or other relevant info that may hint at the medication’s use and the question will be more specific. It’s easier to use elimination or other test taking techniques. The NCLEX will just name a random med and ask you a very short, straight to point question about it with no other info so if you don’t know the exact answer, there’s no hints. I found it both easier and harder that UWorld, it’s very hard to explain. 

Edited by napswithcats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×