NCLEX Registration question

  1. I will be graduating in 5/06 with my BSN from UT-Houston. I just found out that we will be moving back to Colorado at the end of May or beginning of June. Should I apply to take the NCLEX in Colorado or Houston? Does Colorado require fingerprint cards and passport photos like Texas? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Visit amanda_lou profile page

    About amanda_lou

    Joined: Dec '05; Posts: 3


  3. by   HyperRNRachel
    Have you looked at the web site for the Colorado State Board of Nursing? I am sure that the web site will be very helpful in answering all your question. Congradulations on graduation. I had my pinning cememony last Thursday at San Jacinto College cental campus.
  4. by   suzanne4
    If you are going to be moving back to Colorado, you are going to need a license to practice there. What ever is required you are going to need to do sooner or later. Why spend the extra money to have to endorse before you can actually begin working?
  5. by   amanda_lou
    Thanks for the great advice...I'll be looking into what I need to do to get my license in Colorado..

    Congratulations on your upcoming graduation hyperstudent! I am so excited for you
  6. by   Mommy2Maddy
    Hi there! If you plan on taking your NCLEX BEFORE moving then just apply to take it for that state. You don't have to live in Colorado to take it there. I live in California and I can take it for any state I want. When you register online and make your appointment for the NCLEX just specify the state license you wish to test for regardless of where your testing.

    Best of luck!

  7. by   suzanne4
    You first have to apply for licensure and get permission to take the exam. Location for sitting the exam, can be any where in the world, provided that there is a test center there that offers it.

    The poster needs to get accepted by Colorado first.