Jump to content

Malcolm X Nursing Spring 2021

Posted

You are reading page 3 of Malcolm X Nursing Spring 2021. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Specializes in CNA.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:51 PM, juicyjulie said:

Hm, that would be great if you got lucky! I scheduled my TEAS exam directly on the ATI TEAS website! 

I agree! I decided to get my stuff together and submit anyways. If I get in, I get in, if I don't.. well then I've already done everything for Fall! Ha 🙂

I’ve just received an email saying my medical documents are still incomplete. I don't understand what they want. The two items that I left incomplete are the ones,they said to leave incomplete (the TB test and Drug test). IDK what they want. 😩

juicyjulie

Specializes in CNA.

5 hours ago, FutureHelper said:

Ooh, question again! Since you aren't immune to varicella does that disqualify you? I found that I only have partial immunity to Mumps and HepB and will need boosters. I'm not sure if it disqualifies me... the immunization form from CCC states:
 

I'm waiting on my measles (fingers crossed that shows immunity!) but not sure if the fact that I am not immune to a few things will prevent my acceptance or not.

they emailed me back and said that for a repeat series of Varicella, it would not affect the admission! Not sure for the other stuff but it should b the same!

5 hours ago, Des760 said:

I’ve just received an email saying my medical documents are still incomplete. I don't understand what they want. The two items that I left incomplete are the ones,they said to leave incomplete (the TB test and Drug test). IDK what they want. 😩

Hey! Everything for mine is complete as well except for the medical docs. I tried to email them about it, however, they just kept sending me FAQ’s and said that there’s a lot of other ppl they are still going through ... 

juicyjulie

Specializes in CNA.

FOR EVERYONE— in your selective applications on the CCC portal, does your nursing app show as in progress or something else? 

49 minutes ago, juicyjulie said:

they emailed me back and said that for a repeat series of Varicella, it would not affect the admission! Not sure for the other stuff but it should b the same!

Hey! Everything for mine is complete as well except for the medical docs. I tried to email them about it, however, they just kept sending me FAQ’s and said that there’s a lot of other ppl they are still going through ... 

Thanks!  Hoping that it won’t impact things. Did your castle branch give you a new “alert” after you submitted the non-immune titer? Here’s a pic of what mine says. Just curious as to what the next step looks like on your end!

B25D25E9-1ED5-4AC4-94D0-8EB3C8740480.jpeg

juicyjulie

Specializes in CNA.

2 hours ago, FutureHelper said:

Thanks!  Hoping that it won’t impact things. Did your castle branch give you a new “alert” after you submitted the non-immune titer? Here’s a pic of what mine says. Just curious as to what the next step looks like on your end!

B25D25E9-1ED5-4AC4-94D0-8EB3C8740480.jpeg

Yes! I submitted my first dose of the series and I am now waiting for day 28 for the 2nd dose. My new alert is due 12/02/2020. Not sure when they will mark my medical docs complete though. 

If you guys have taken the TEAS already... what did you do to prepare for science? What was on it? Anything trip you up? 😕

I have taken bio 226 and 227 already but haven't done Micro yet. I'm fairly confident in bio 226 and 227 stuff but need to review Chemistry I am guessing.

I'm LITERALLY scraping my application together last minute. I have my TEAS on Wednesday.

On 11/8/2020 at 1:22 AM, juicyjulie said:

Yes! I submitted my first dose of the series and I am now waiting for day 28 for the 2nd dose. My new alert is due 12/02/2020. Not sure when they will mark my medical docs complete though. 

Thanks! The email I received with my packet said this (below) so I'm betting it won't get marked until the end. My HepB needs to get done (sigh...) so I got the same message you did about the series.

Please allow 3-4 weeks for your application to be reviewed and your requirement list to be updated. If any of your Requirement List items are incomplete, please submit as soon as possible. Once you have submitted all documents they will be updated once your application has been reviewed, please be patient as the updates are done manually and takes time as we have many applications that will need to be updated.  

1 hour ago, FutureHelper said:

If you guys have taken the TEAS already... what did you do to prepare for science? What was on it? Anything trip you up? 😕

I have taken bio 226 and 227 already but haven't done Micro yet. I'm fairly confident in bio 226 and 227 stuff but need to review Chemistry I am guessing.

I'm LITERALLY scraping my application together last minute. I have my TEAS on Wednesday.

The bulk of the science portion is anatomy and physiology. So you should do fine if you still remember that.  

On 10/22/2020 at 11:08 AM, Des760 said:

Hey I am also applying, how is your application process going . Are they updating your requirements from incomplete to complete? My Background check and medical documents still say incomplete and they have been on castle-branch for about 4 weeks? I take my TEAS soon.

Hi, they will update your background check when you pass your ATI

I highly suggest you to buy products directly from ATI. The smartprep really helped me but it was expensive like almost $200. 

1 minute ago, Div said:

Hi, they will update your background check when you pass your ATI

How long did it take for you (between the time of you passing the TEAS exam and your background check showing as updated)? Did it update in your CCC portal?

7 hours ago, FutureHelper said:

If you guys have taken the TEAS already... what did you do to prepare for science? What was on it? Anything trip you up? 😕

I have taken bio 226 and 227 already but haven't done Micro yet. I'm fairly confident in bio 226 and 227 stuff but need to review Chemistry I am guessing.

I'm LITERALLY scraping my application together last minute. I have my TEAS on Wednesday.

Don't worry about the micro bio on ATI. It's mainly on anatomy and physiology and chem.