Jump to content

Los Angeles Southwest College (LASC) Fall 2020

School Programs   (504 Views | 13 Replies)

427 Profile Views; 111 Posts

Discuss here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

185 Posts; 551 Profile Views

Thanks for making this thread. I was wondering if you needed to take PE (kinesiology) BEFORE you apply to the program, or can you have that class in progress while you are waiting to be accepted. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

185 Posts; 551 Profile Views

Also, I have another question about the application process. I noticed the application asks for high school transcripts...  I graduated high school in 2011, and I went to 3 different high schools. Two of them are in different cities, and one of them was technically a continuation school where I did independent study for some time. I hardly remember exactly which year I went to which school, since I did one semester at Sunny Hills High School, and then another semester at La Sierra High School (a continuation school) to help with my credits during freshman year, and then I did the same thing again sophomore year. Then I moved to Culver City High School Junior year and graduated from there. As you can see, my high school situation was a little complicated. Would it be possible for me to just send the transcripts of the high school where I graduated from, which was Culver City High School? Or could I even submit a copy of my high school diploma? Or do I absolutely have to submit all of my transcripts from every high school i've been to? I've also been a college student since 2016 and almost have 60 credits at West LA college. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

111 Posts; 427 Profile Views

On 2/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, ninja1968 said:

Thanks for making this thread. I was wondering if you needed to take PE (kinesiology) BEFORE you apply to the program, or can you have that class in progress while you are waiting to be accepted. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

It's recommended but not required to be completed before applying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Posts; 34 Profile Views

Has anyone heard of anything or have any updates? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

111 Posts; 427 Profile Views

On 3/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, JJ37 said:

Has anyone heard of anything or have any updates? 

Nope, a lot of the LA schools are pretty bad at communication thus far. 

I only got word from Pierce out of the 4 schools I applied to so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Posts; 34 Profile Views

I received a letter in the mail today saying that I have moved onto the next step in the selection process. The letter also states that we should receive the decision by the end of April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 Posts; 636 Profile Views

4 hours ago, JJ37 said:

I received a letter in the mail today saying that I have moved onto the next step in the selection process. The letter also states that we should receive the decision by the end of April.

I received a letter today stating the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

111 Posts; 427 Profile Views

On 4/4/2020 at 2:45 PM, JJ37 said:

I received a letter in the mail today saying that I have moved onto the next step in the selection process. The letter also states that we should receive the decision by the end of April.

Did you send in your TEAS already? Or is that when you go on to the next step?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kdarling has 4 years experience.

17 Posts; 50 Profile Views

On 3/25/2020 at 9:09 PM, iCantDraw said:

Nope, a lot of the LA schools are pretty bad at communication thus far. 

I only got word from Pierce out of the 4 schools I applied to so far. 

OMG you can say that again their communication SUCKS! Like even before this Pandemic its ridiculous. No one ever answered that admissions, financial aid, or school of nursing phone that is posted online. Los Angeles Harbor does have on their website that responses will be delayed and Glendale responded they that they will still respond on time and if delayed they will keep in communication via email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kdarling has 4 years experience.

17 Posts; 50 Profile Views

Does anyone else have a problem with the outlook student portal email the Los Angeles schools are suppose to respond to? I set up my email with the format darlinke2123@student.laccd.edu and tested it by sending an email from my gmail account. Every time I send myself an email the email disappears or deletes. I'm concerned because LAHC, LASC, and LACC are all suppose to respond via the outlook student email but I feel like If I'm not getting emails now I won't get any emails when they begin to send out responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

111 Posts; 427 Profile Views

6 hours ago, kdarling said:

Does anyone else have a problem with the outlook student portal email the Los Angeles schools are suppose to respond to? I set up my email with the format darlinke2123@student.laccd.edu and tested it by sending an email from my gmail account. Every time I send myself an email the email disappears or deletes. I'm concerned because LAHC, LASC, and LACC are all suppose to respond via the outlook student email but I feel like If I'm not getting emails now I won't get any emails when they begin to send out responses.

make sure you have an alternate email set up with your student account so it forwards things to your alternate email. 

I also dont get any emails in my inbox for my student account. All of my emails from the schools thus far have come directly to my alternate email. 

I did the same thing as you, I sent an email to my student email, but nothing was there. But luckily everything forwarded fine to my alt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.