Jump to content

Lone Star Spring 2020 ADN

School Programs   (41,880 Views | 1,018 Replies)

983 Profile Views; 116 Posts

You are reading page 21 of Lone Star Spring 2020 ADN. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

38 Posts; 163 Profile Views

57 minutes ago, Cuteflute82 said:

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and also applying for the Spring 2020 class. I do have a question about transfer credits. Has anyone had to get courses taken elsewhere uploaded to their application and if so, how? I contacted the nursing department but currently getting the run-arounds. It’s the only thing I have left to do, the submit button isn’t even showing on my application and I believe it’s due to this. Thanks in advance!

Every course I haven taken was outside of Texas, everything went through but with a little trouble. Not really sure what you’re asking though because certain courses required a different process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 73 Profile Views

I graduated from the University of Oregon. When I applied to Lone star College I just transferred my credits when I applied. They didn’t give me full credit for any of it. In fact, my degree was in political science and I have no government credits 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 34 Profile Views

I took all my pre-reqs at a different university. All my classes are showing on the application page however at the top of the screen it says “A minimum 2.0 GPA is required to apply.” There is a note that says to click the submit button at the bottom of the page but I do not have a submit button and I think it’s because my application is incomplete due to my GPA not populating. I hope I’m making sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

187 Posts; 1,302 Profile Views

4 minutes ago, Cuteflute82 said:

I took all my pre-reqs at a different university. All my classes are showing on the application page however at the top of the screen it says “A minimum 2.0 GPA is required to apply.” There is a note that says to click the submit button at the bottom of the page but I do not have a submit button and I think it’s because my application is incomplete due to my GPA not populating. I hope I’m making sense. 

Your best bet is to go to the campus and speak to them directly. That way what need to be fixed is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 Posts; 163 Profile Views

Oh yeah, I had that issue at one point. Drop your email if you dont mind, I’m sure i’ll be able to help. Maybe there’s more attach to it like it was for me which required a bit more to do, so i’ll be able to help you better through email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 34 Profile Views

4 minutes ago, WilsonDeleonJr said:

Oh yeah, I had that issue at one point. Drop your email if you dont mind, I’m sure i’ll be able to help. Maybe there’s more attach to it like it was for me which required a bit more to do, so i’ll be able to help you better through email.

My email is kahalia82@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

647 Posts; 554 Profile Views

On 7/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, varango02 said:

If you don’t mind me asking what is your score? Do you know what the cut off score is for spring? 

@twindaddy75 my score was a 7.33 for fall and i was put on the alternate list at first! They are saying it’s getting more and more competitive each application cycles for fall 2018 the cut off was 6.9 this year it was a low 7.4 high 7.3! As you see that’s a huge point jump! And spring cycle is way more competitive because it’s only two schools! Male yourself as competitive as possible!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

647 Posts; 554 Profile Views

On 7/27/2019 at 4:18 PM, WilsonDeleonJr said:

Every course I haven taken was outside of Texas, everything went through but with a little trouble. Not really sure what you’re asking though because certain courses required a different process.

I had to do that the best thing is you go to the campus of your first choice and speak to the nursing advisor there! They will give the run around if you call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 34 Profile Views

10 hours ago, Nij13 said:

I had to do that the best thing is you go to the campus of your first choice and speak to the nursing advisor there! They will give the run around if you call

Thanks so much.  I was able to email the nursing department and they fixed it for me, I didn't even have access to application.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 50 Profile Views

If I applied to both cyfair and Kingwood, and I get in, will only one campus accept me? Or is possible that they both accept me and I get to pick the campus I want? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

92 Posts; 513 Profile Views

8 hours ago, Marissa Steen said:

If I applied to both cyfair and Kingwood, and I get in, will only one campus accept me? Or is possible that they both accept me and I get to pick the campus I want? 

You will only get accepted to 1 of the campuses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

116 Posts; 983 Profile Views

I'm curious. What makes those that chose Cy-Fair as their top choice #1? Proximity, curriculum,  or something else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×