Job offers after months of nothing/zip/zilch/nada/zero

Nurses General Nursing


Just recently went on a few interviews these past couple weeks and feel elated about my prayers being answered. It's been really hard being unemployed for months and months and not being able to do what you put years and years of work into.

Anyway, I got a few job offers. I never thought I would ever be saying those words. 3 are out of state and aren't currently on the top of the list because I want to stay close to home and family. 2 others are close to home and I am trying to choose which one to go with. Here's the problem... I interviewed with Hospital A and they really liked me and I really liked them, but I didn't hear back from them for 2 weeks. Meanwhile, I went on an interview with Hospital B. Hospital B asked if I had interviewed or planned on interviewing elsewhere and I said yes and that I was receiving quite a few call backs. Hospital B really liked me also and offered me the position 2 days later. Then, Hospital A calls to offer me the job and I tell them I already accepted an offer with Hospital B and I am in the middle of the hiring process but I would love to join them in the future as PD. The job with Hospital B is contingent on a budget approval by administration. I am wondering why I got a job offer if the budget hadn't been ironed out yet. I'm supposed to hear the next couple days whether I really have the job or not... Doesn't that sound a bit off to you? Do you think I got such a quick offer because they knew other hospitals were trying to recruit me? I did also get a congratulations email from my interviewer.

Hospital A called and expressed to me how much they really want me and asked me to give it more thought. I agreed, as I thought they were very kind people, and said I would call them back when I have come to a decision. I didn't want to completely close the door on that offer because Hospital B (who offered me a job quicker) has this 'budget' thing going on that makes me a bit nervous. The last thing I want to do is close these doors of opportunity in either hospital.

Just some extra details:

-Hospital A: smaller hospital, really nice staff, newer facility, pay is good, nice orientation, orientation starts soon

-Hospital B: big name hospital, nice interviewers, pay is better, benefits are better, shorter orientation and starts a few weeks later

-Just about the same patient acuity, pt. load, pt. population that I would work with in both hospitals.

What do I do? I feel like Hospital B is dangling a carrot on a stick, and meanwhile I can't give Hospital A a definite answer yet.

Specializes in ICU / PCU / Telemetry / Oncology.

NOW can you change you name??? :D

Specializes in Hospice, ONC, Tele, Med Surg, Endo/Output.

You better hurry up and take one of these jobs before you are faced with many more months of unemployment. Take the best offer, quick!

Congrats on the new job and have fun looking for a new name

+ Add a Comment