Okay, so this is killing me! I recently moved to a new area, and I am 21 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have 9 months of experience, and have been kind of choosy in my Job Search so as to accommodate my family. I had an interview on Monday for a PRN- float pool position for a long term acute care facility, sometimes being pulled to urgent care centers scattered around the area. My schedule is determined by me, with the exception of one major holiday and one minor holiday and one weekend a month. With that being said, the days that I choose are not guaranteed and I won't know if I have to go in until the morning of. Also, I will pretty much be working 12 hour shifts starting anywhere from 7a-2p and going until 7p-2a. Good pay, minimum requirement of 48 hr/month, no benefits but I don't need them anyway, good experience. They called on Tuesday and made a contingent offer based upon my background check and references, and I accepted. Tuesday night, I get a call from job A's sister hospital with an interview for a job in employee health. I have an interview tomorrow (Thursday) with the nurse manager. Now, this would be the perfect job for a number of reasons. Pay would be less, but I would be getting 40 hrs/week. M-F, 9-5, no weekends or holidays, consistent scheduling. The environment is less stressful than an acute care setting, no 12-13 hr shifts on my feet (only an issue as my pregnancy progresses,) and most importantly in my opinion, I get to be home for karate/violin lessons and I get to have dinner with my family nightly. With my husband in the military, there's a great chance that I will be acting in the capacity of a single parent when it's time for my husband to travel for work at the last minute. It will be much easier for me to send my son to after school care until 5:30 pm than it would be for me to find a reliable babysitter until 2-3am while working job A. I would hate to burn a bridge, and I don't want to be unprofessional. I don't want to make the wrong decision here, but job B seems so much better for me and my family right now. Are these acceptable reasons to decline a job after accepting verbally? What do you guys think?