Houston Baptist University Spring 2017


Hey everyone, I have been reading many threads but unfortunately I have not found one for HBU for Spring 2017, so I thought I would start one. I am applying to their BSN, as my first degree, I am a transfer student. The following are my stats for my HESI and prereq courses:

HESI Overall: 94

A&P: 96

Vocab: 94

Grammar: 92

Math: 96

Reading: 92

Critical Thinking: 950

My science prereqs GPA: ~3.65

All prereqs GPA: ~3.4

Overall GPA: ~3.2

Has anyone heard back anything at this point? I called the school and they let me know the admission decisions should be coming out within these next two weeks!


14 Posts

Hi there! I'm glad to see someone else on the same boat as me. This wait is torture! by the way your stats are awesome :) and I'm also a transfer student.

overall GPA: 3.1

science GPA: 3.25

HESI: 86.80

reading: 82



A&p: 88


CT: 880


14 Posts

Thank you! Yes it really is! I am so anxious just checking my email! Where are you transferring from? Have you heard anything from them?


122 Posts

Hello! Do yall know what classes they count towards the science gpa? I didnt see it online.


14 Posts

Same i check it hourly throughout the day! And no I haven't :/ well hopefully tomorrow they'll start sending out their acceptances. And I went to Lonestar! And you?


14 Posts

Hi! A&P I & II, micro and either chemistry 1 or intro.


14 Posts

I called today and they said they tried sending emails this week but they weren't able to. Idk she sounded a bit confused.


14 Posts

I feel bad I have called about 2 times and sent emails as well this week! This wait is horrible. I remember when I submitted my application the counselor told me they reach decisions fairly quickly and that I could call by the 1st of October. However, I guess it is taking them longer than expected, I was told the same thing early this week that emails would be sent out this week but idk what has happened. Well I am transferring from UHD.


14 Posts

When I submitted my application they told me from the deadline date it would take them two weeks to let us know if we were conditionality accepted or not. Yea the lady I talked to sounded a bit confused but for sure they haven't sent anything out ! Well I'm thinking no later than next week, we'll start getting answers :no: I wonder what's taking them so long!! I also wonder how many ppl are going to be admitted. this past fall the advisor told me they admitted their biggest class which was around 85 I think!

Ughh im tired of checking my email constantly :roflmao:


2 Posts

Hi !!!!!, I'm applying for hbu as well and nothing so far. I went to the school and I even called , but sounded so confused, she said we should be getting a call next week. I don't know what to think because they have been saying that for the past two weeks. I'm so nervous, and I'm getting tired of checking my email like crazy.


14 Posts

Same here! I called again yesterday around 4 and they told me they have not heard back from the people that make the decisions. I really hope it is at least by next week! Did yall apply to any other schools besides HBU? I applied to HCC but as more of a backup since they only offer an associates, I also applied to UTHealth here in Houston but their wait is worse you do not hear back until the 15th of November!