without much experience? How can I convince someone to hire me and especially when I doubt I'll get much of a reference from the other place I've been working.
If you're interested, my previous thread will give you lots of info:
I Must Be Missing Something
So here I sit with 3.5 months of experience. Truthfully, I still need some training, but not a huge amount. I'm great with the SNV's and documenting that info. I've never done an admission Oasis, but I've done a couple of Recerts, a single ROC, a single Discharge and did them quite well, if I do say so myself. (Don't tell anyone but it took me HOURS to do them
but I'm learning!).
My strong points:
1. Extremely good with the SNV's including the documentation.
2. Familiar with Kinnser.
3. Excellent assessment skills (many years in ICU/ER help that) but a bit weak on wound care as it's done in the Home Health arena.
4. HUGE amount of enthusiasm for the job. I absolutely love being out and about, having the time to really "listen" to and teach my patients rather than the hit-and-miss stuff one is forced to do in the hospital.
5. Perfectly happy doing visits and leaving the other stuff (admissions, etc) to the more skilled nurses.
6. Available to work weekends/holidays but I only want to work PRN or part time - 3 days a week. I don't care what days.
7. I've reviewed many hours of youtube videos on HHN.
8. I've developed excellent relationships with the facility staff, DON's, and doctors I've been involved with these past few months.
9. I now know the amount of work involved - documenting, placing/receiving calls, etc. (didn't know all that going into this).
10. Fantastic venipuncture skills (my claim to fame after years in ER
My weak points:
1. I've never done an admission Oasis and would require assistance with that..
2. Slow (but thorough) on the other things - recerts, discharge, etc.
3. Still need some training but mainly a resource person to answer questions as they come up.
4. A bit weak on wound care as noted above.
5. No experience with LVAD's, Mediports
One thing I've done is print off copies of all recerts, ROC, discharge reports I've done. I've blacked out the names and all identifying info with the intent of having those things to demonstrate my work. Good or bad idea?
Anyway, this is my predicament. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.