HESI vs. TEAS

Posted

You are reading page 2 of HESI vs. TEAS. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Username invalid said:
Well, Saturday is here so I wonder if this is worth much for you. & I only have anecdotal information, making it of even less value. However, in my area, all the colleges that have BSN programs require the TEAS, whereas the ADN programs in quiet farm-like towns nearby(ish) require the HESI. Based on this discovery, my personal assumption is that the TEAS is the "real deal," as far as toughness goes. Again, this is just my assumption. I never did end up taking the HESI so I can't be certain.

If you're scoring that well on your practice exams, that's awesome!

How'd the HESI go for you? I hope you did well!

I think I did pretty well for the most part, though I'm not really sure how the scoring works.

Overall: 90.5%

Vocabulary: 98%

Grammar: 94%

Reading Comprehension: 94%

Math: 76

Username invalid said:
Hey, that looks pretty great to me! Good job!

Thank you!

Mrs.Abby

Has 21 years experience. 59 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS:yeah:!!!! can't wait to say the same that its over. congratz to you again and GOOD LUCC on your new journey. take care.

ItsThatJenGirl said:
I think I did pretty well for the most part, though I'm not really sure how the scoring works.

Overall: 90.5%

Vocabulary: 98%

Grammar: 94%

Reading Comprehension: 94%

Math: 76

Andi Tieszen

Andi Tieszen

4 Posts

I have a question about the hesi and teas too. I know I have to take both for the schools im applying to, does anyone know if I can use the same study guide for both?

Andi

littleboyboo

littleboyboo

48 Posts

I'm preparing to take the TEAS. I just make an appointment with the college whenever I'm ready. I'm giving myself 4 - 6 months to study it. I have two books, and by the looks of it, it's not exactly hard, hard . . . but it's no breeze either. I'm worried about the math and science more than anything. The science part looks like many things we covered in prereqs.

I'm thinking math mostly consists of percentages, order of operations and basic college algebra? True?

I'm shooting for a very GOOD, GOOD grade. I've heard TEAS is very important! The program I'm trying to get into -- it's just as important (if not more) than your GPA.

Can someone tell me what the math and science consisted of. I'm not sure every TEAS test is on the same level?

I'm shooting high for this one, lol. We'll see come spring, I guess.... :):( gulp

Andi Tieszen said:
I have a question about the hesi and teas too. I know I have to take both for the schools im applying to, does anyone know if I can use the same study guide for both?

Andi

The TEAS study guide should be fine for both.

littleboyboo said:
I'm preparing to take the TEAS. I just make an appointment with the college whenever I'm ready. I'm giving myself 4 - 6 months to study it. I have two books, and by the looks of it, it's not exactly hard, hard . . . but it's no breeze either. I'm worried about the math and science more than anything. The science part looks like many things we covered in prereqs.

I'm thinking math mostly consists of percentages, order of operations and basic college algebra? True?

I'm shooting for a very GOOD, GOOD grade. I've heard TEAS is very important! The program I'm trying to get into -- it's just as important (if not more) than your GPA.

Can someone tell me what the math and science consisted of. I'm not sure every TEAS test is on the same level?

I'm shooting high for this one, lol. We'll see come spring, I guess.... ?:( gulp

Math, for me, was a LOT of fractions - reducing, converting to decimals, ratios, etc. It was much easier than I expected it to be.

The science was harder than I expected it to be. Some of it was very basic, but there was more Earth Science and Chemistry than I was expecting. I spent most of my time studying math, and I should have spent more on science, and I should have taken it after Organic/Bio Chemistry. I still did well in general, IMO.

I wouldn't take the TEAS until you're done (or nearly) with your prereqs. I got an 83 overall, which sound like a "meh" score, but it's in the 92nd percentile, or something like that.

For the HESI Exam, I wanted to know can a person have the option of retaking A&P section only to boost the score. I did well on all sections except the A&P section?