Jump to content

HCA StaRN contract

Posted

You are reading page 4 of HCA StaRN contract. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

by babiwang6 babiwang6 (New) New Nurse

Has 2 years experience.

JP24, BSN, RN

Specializes in BSN student. Has 3 years experience.

Hi all,

I recently quit my 3-year nurse residency program in the DFW area after 4 months. It was a terrible experience and HCA did NOT hold up to their end of the contract. I had one night with my designated preceptor then she left after that I was with SO many preceptors kid you not probably 10. I was even with a travel nurse at one point. Some days I was on different units for no reason. We had an interim manager that was no help. My preceptor of the night would be on her phone basically the whole time. I also experienced some bullying for simply asking for help regarding a pt's care. My mental health deteriorated so fast and I was dreading every single shift. I was wondering if there are any updates on contract repayment? Also if there are any experienced nurses or anyone that can point me in the right direction for other nursing jobs not in a hospital setting/night shift/on-call. Thank you in advance!

6 minutes ago, JP24 said:

It was a terrible experience and HCA did NOT hold up to their end of the contract.

In terms of what was in writing, in what way did they not uphold it?

Moosemom

Specializes in FNP. Has 20 years experience.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:38 PM, JP24 said:

Hi all,

I recently quit my 3-year nurse residency program in the DFW area after 4 months. It was a terrible experience and HCA did NOT hold up to their end of the contract. I had one night with my designated preceptor then she left after that I was with SO many preceptors kid you not probably 10. I was even with a travel nurse at one point. Some days I was on different units for no reason. We had an interim manager that was no help. My preceptor of the night would be on her phone basically the whole time. I also experienced some bullying for simply asking for help regarding a pt's care. My mental health deteriorated so fast and I was dreading every single shift. I was wondering if there are any updates on contract repayment? Also if there are any experienced nurses or anyone that can point me in the right direction for other nursing jobs not in a hospital setting/night shift/on-call. Thank you in advance!

Glad you got away from HCA! Money driven sweatshop! And why do the managers and case managers wear white coats? It’s that impersonating a doctor?????

On 6/4/2021 at 5:38 PM, JP24 said:

Hi all,

I recently quit my 3-year nurse residency program in the DFW area after 4 months. It was a terrible experience and HCA did NOT hold up to their end of the contract. I had one night with my designated preceptor then she left after that I was with SO many preceptors kid you not probably 10. I was even with a travel nurse at one point. Some days I was on different units for no reason. We had an interim manager that was no help. My preceptor of the night would be on her phone basically the whole time. I also experienced some bullying for simply asking for help regarding a pt's care. My mental health deteriorated so fast and I was dreading every single shift. I was wondering if there are any updates on contract repayment? Also if there are any experienced nurses or anyone that can point me in the right direction for other nursing jobs not in a hospital setting/night shift/on-call. Thank you in advance!

Hi, did they end up seeking repayment?

JP24, BSN, RN

Specializes in BSN student. Has 3 years experience.

11 minutes ago, Merre65 said:

Hi, did they end up seeking repayment?

I haven't heard or received anything yet. I wish I would of done more research on HCA but being a new grad & in COVID times I was desperate. I'll let you know if I receive anything 🙂

Lrjames98, BSN, RN

Has 1 years experience.

I also quit an HCA Texas hospital after a year and two months. About two months after I quit I got a letter saying that I owe them like 4500 which is the prorated amount. I reached out to a lawyer and he said “training fee acts as a penalty and under Texas law, it's not enforceable”. About two months later I received the exact same letter stating that I owed the same amount, so I sent them the same email again. 
 

anyone have an experience with them eventually dropping it or has anyone had them make a lawsuit or send the debt to collections?

JP24, BSN, RN

Specializes in BSN student. Has 3 years experience.

I received my letter in the mail today. Does anyone have any advice or could point me in the direction of what to tell the lawyer? Thank you(:

I quit HCA in 5/21 and was told by the hospital department that it would go to "review", the reason why I quit.  9/15/21 I received my first letter telling me I was passed the 90 days on repayment.  I spoke to the lady that sent the email, and basically was told that's not her problem.  Now trying to scramble to find the money to pay back.  

Short staffed.  Nurse ratio on the floor that I worked on was 6:1 and a lot of the time without CNA's to help.  Pay is not good, and if you're the new one you don't get too many if any options for your own schedule, you get the left overs.  Overwhelming to be a new nurse, finish your preceptorship and get thrown in with that many patient's and doing CNA care, and upholding your license by providing the right nursing care.  I know that Covid has a lot to do with the shortage in RN's and CNA's, but HCA truly made me rethink my career. 

JP24, BSN, RN

Specializes in BSN student. Has 3 years experience.

59 minutes ago, stspea0030 said:

Short staffed.  Nurse ratio on the floor that I worked on was 6:1 and a lot of the time without CNA's to help.  Pay is not good, and if you're the new one you don't get too many if any options for your own schedule, you get the left overs.  Overwhelming to be a new nurse, finish your preceptorship and get thrown in with that many patient's and doing CNA care, and upholding your license by providing the right nursing care.  I know that Covid has a lot to do with the shortage in RN's and CNA's, but HCA truly made me rethink my career. 

I 100% felt what you are saying back in May. Absolutely terrible experience where I began to regret my career choice as well. HCA definitely was the worst experience I have ever been a part of. I hope other people realize this sooner before getting into HCA’s mess of a “Nurse Residency”.

On 6/4/2021 at 4:38 PM, JP24 said:

Hi all,

I recently quit my 3-year nurse residency program in the DFW area after 4 months. It was a terrible experience and HCA did NOT hold up to their end of the contract. I had one night with my designated preceptor then she left after that I was with SO many preceptors kid you not probably 10. I was even with a travel nurse at one point. Some days I was on different units for no reason. We had an interim manager that was no help. My preceptor of the night would be on her phone basically the whole time. I also experienced some bullying for simply asking for help regarding a pt's care. My mental health deteriorated so fast and I was dreading every single shift. I was wondering if there are any updates on contract repayment? Also if there are any experienced nurses or anyone that can point me in the right direction for other nursing jobs not in a hospital setting/night shift/on-call. Thank you in advance!

On 8/15/2021 at 1:53 AM, Lrjames98 said:

I also quit an HCA Texas hospital after a year and two months. About two months after I quit I got a letter saying that I owe them like 4500 which is the prorated amount. I reached out to a lawyer and he said “training fee acts as a penalty and under Texas law, it's not enforceable”. About two months later I received the exact same letter stating that I owed the same amount, so I sent them the same email again. 
 

anyone have an experience with them eventually dropping it or has anyone had them make a lawsuit or send the debt to collections?

Just wondering what your outcome was since your attorney mention that these training feels aren’t enforceable. What lawyer did you call if you don’t mind me asking

thanks