Georgia Gwinnett college .. Georgia State University

Updated | Posted
by Omar Khaled Omar Khaled (New) New

Hello!
I took my TEAS and I scored 69.3 and my GPA is 3.64. I’m applying for the BSN programs at GGC and GSU. Does anybody think I have a chance of getting in for any of these programs?? I believe my TEAS score isn’t competitive enough since the English portion was a bit tough for me since English isn’t my mother language, but looking at my GPA and some volunteering hours..

Please share opinions and experiences, thanks in advance!

Hey there I also apply for Gsu and GGC Spring 2021. I got 80 on TEAS and 3.63 GPA. I have talked to the counselors from these both schools. They said that the average acceptance score is 85% and GPA of 3.5. I’m so stressed out. Hopefully everything will be OK. Goodluck for you.

Same boat guys 3.5 GPA , 70 on TEAS 😞

On 8/11/2020 at 12:03 AM, Kate le said:

Hey there I also apply for Gsu and GGC Spring 2021. I got 80 on TEAS and 3.63 GPA. I have talked to the counselors from these both schools. They said that the average acceptance score is 85% and GPA of 3.5. I’m so stressed out. Hopefully everything will be OK. Goodluck for you.

We have basically the same stats. I have an 80.7 TEAS (1st attempt) & a 3.63 GPA at GGC. Retaking on the 25th so hopefully I do better so I can have a chance at GSU or KSU!!

 

I retook the TEAS and made 84. I called GSU nursing department and talked to advisor. She said this semester has lest applicants than last semester. Also, gsu using points system so I try to do volunteer to get more point. Also completed all the classes for not losing any points. If you apply for KSU, make sure you took all the classes before applying. My friend got denied with TEAS 91 because she did not take Microbiology class by the time she applied.

Gotcha, CONGRATS on your score! I actually have every class completed thankfully, but I'm going to try and squeeze in more volunteer hours before the deadline. I'm only at around 33. I should be closer to 73 but my high school teacher didn't keep all of our records...

I’m not quite sure how many points we can get extra for having volunteer certification but I know they only require minimum of 25 hours. I got 100 hours and I hope it will makes some chances. I finished my application last week and extremely stressed out. I needed 85 and above for TEAS to be more competitive cause my GPA is not competitive enough. Let see how the result turns out.

How did you do on your TEAS? 

I had the link somewhere but I lost it. For GSU, do you have to be an accepted to apply or do you apply as a transfer? 

Nevermind you have to be accepted in order to apply!

3 minutes ago, Kuvesh86 said:

How did you do on your TEAS? 

I made 84 on TEAS.

2 minutes ago, ilrx3 said:

I had the link somewhere but I lost it. For GSU, do you have to be an accepted to apply or do you apply as a transfer? 

I was student at GSU perimeter college, I did transition application  to GSU downtown. Needed to have admission acceptance before able to apply for nursing program.

How long did it take you to receive a decision for acceptance? I tried applying last month but there were no available applications for Spring 2021 at the time. Just turned in my application.

Just now, ilrx3 said:

How long did it take you to receive a decision for acceptance? I tried applying last month but there were no available applications for Spring 2021 at the time. Just turned in my application.

The deadline for Spring 2021 is Oct 1st. I am also applying for Spring 2021 so I didn’t have any acceptance letter. The decision will be sent out around 6-7 weeks after the deadline. GSU will send the result by email first then if you get accepted, they will send the official letter and package by mail to your house. That’s all I know.