I'm not sure of all...and not exactly sure of some of the spelling
but here goes.
Quote from mel82
We have a very bad teacher that gives assignments from books that we don't have, can anyone help me with the terms for these:
1. difficulty initiating urinary stream
dysuria (I think)
2. surgical resection of the vas deferens
3. enlargement of breast in male
4. transurethral resection of prostate
5. prolonged erection not related to sexual stimualation
6. surgically made opening for urethra
ureterostomy or cystostomy
7. vaginal bleeding between menstrual periods
dysmenorrhea could be dysfunctional uterine bleed
8. downward displacement of the urethra into the vagina
downward displacement in male is called hypospadia
I think it's the same for females
9. downward displacement of the bladder into the vagina
10. involunatry painful straining
not sure of that one
I can not find the terms for these anywhere
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Does anyone know of any Med-Term websites where you can type in a difinition and get the term?
Thanks in Advance,
Melanie, LPN in 2005
Mel: hope that helps some, hope I didn't lead you astray.
If really stuck, know any docs you can talk to, many are more than
willing to help out a student.
P.S. the prefix "dys" may not be right, without looking it up, my SN daughter has my old books, may mean pain, or painful??? Not sure.
Good luck Mike