Anatomy--first day - page 2
I had my first day of anatomy yesterday. OH MY LORD!! I had two hours of lecture and two hours of lab. I do have to admit that I learned a great deal about the different systems. But when we got to... Read More
Jun 6, '03Oh one more thing that helps me out with all my classes is Index Cards! You can take them anywhere with you too.
Jun 6, '03What I did was pick out one feature in each tissue type that was different and memorized that. They have many similarities that it can seem daunting, just keep it up and like everyone else has said study!
Jun 6, '03I just started A&P too. Our teacher is really cool and our class is big. We started on May 22 w/ only 1/2 of the class devoted to the lesson, the other was getting everyone in, ya know, first day stuff. Anyway - we have a test next Tuesday on Lab & the Lecture the following. That will be 5 CHAPTERS UGH! And worst of all, it is all this chem/cell stuff. It will be mult. choice which is good, but he seems real picky. I am praying that this will be the hardest test.
Jun 6, '03Hello Hissy, I'm sure that you will do fine in your class. I agree with other users that anatomy requires memorization. I had a great text for my A&P class, which helped alot. I do best by studying the pictures in the book. I found that having a good book with plenty of diagrams and sketches assisted in learning the material quickley and efficiently. The book we used was Hole's Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology. This book was the best book I have ever used in the classroom. Good luck!
Jun 8, '03im also taking anatomy and physiology tomorrow. im quite nervous because that's one of my major subject. i know it is a difficult subject for those who take it for granted their studies.
it is important to review everyday lessons. whenever the instructor gives quiz, you'll always be prepared.
good luck! =)
Jun 12, '03I hope you didn't take other classes besides the micro & A&P. You have your hands full taking these two classes together. A&P 1 is pretty much pure memorization because there isn't a lot of physiology involved yet(that comes in the second semester) It's not to bad of a class and you will do fine if you study consistently and don't fall behind. My wife is taking micro now, and she says that the info from both classes overlap with each other. So....maybe it will actually help you to take the two classes together because of this. Just hope you didn't take any other classes in addition to these two though as that would be starting to push it alittle. Good luck, B.T.H
Jun 13, '03HISSYTHECAT:
- I am in my 3rd week of Anatomy & Physiology. Here is how I am approaching the course.
- Memorization : 2.00 HRS 5:00AM - 7:00AM
- Writeups/Lab HW : 0.50 HRS 12:30PM - 1:00PM
- Memorization : 2.00 HRS -- sneak in somehow.
- I am in a 10 week accelerated summer class, plus work full time, plus teach computer classes 2 nights a week.
- Class is over at 7:30PM - and I am hitting books from 8PM - 10PM. If I am teaching, then I study while the student's are working on the lab (computer) projects.
- It's probably overkill. I am basically memorizing everything to the point that I can do total regurgitation of facts on blank paper.
- We had our first lab quiz on Tue, and I just turned the lab sheet over and did a 10 min brain dump. Was total overkill. But good practice for the real lab exam (2 hours long in 2 weeks).
- Also, I have 18 days of vacation. Will use 7 or 8 of those days, plus the July 4th weekend/holiday as recovery time.
- It's just a matter of discipline. Now that I am in week #3, it's more a matter of habit.
- Gotta run. Boss is yelling at me for something.
Jun 13, '03Thanks John for the advice. I am currently trying everybody's advice and seems to be working thus far. I Have my first lab test on Tuesday on Tissues. I am just ready to get it over with.
Jun 13, '03Jaydocshistoweb.com I used this to study tissues and system function when I could not make it to the lab
Jun 14, '03Hi everybody, quick question for ya. I am taking both microbiology and organic chem. this summer. I got a B in the two previous chem classes I had to take. Finished up with my A&P classes, in which I got "C" in both. My question is... do you guys think I bit off more than I can chew? I really need to finish these classes this summer as I start nursing school this fall for my ADN degree. Help! Need some encouragement.
Jun 14, '03i remember drawing alot of pics on index cards with my colored pencils....lol, then label them with descriptive words... ex: fried eggs, bubbles,towers...
when i was setting about.....at the dentists, etc, i'd whip out my cards...
i also would rotate the color of pen i took notes with... pink, blue, purple, orange..... it helped prevent me from falling asleep while going over them....
Jun 14, '03I took Physiology last semster and am in Anatomy now. I bought the book Anatomy and Physiology for dummies. Sometimes I read the chapter in the dummies book before reading the class text book. It helps me alot.....