I have a huge problem! I was scheduled to take NCLEX this week but I ended up in the hospital the night before (Go figure
) Well... I call Pearson the next morning which was the morning of the test and they said there was nothing they could do and that I had to appeal to the NCSBN. I called them and they told me to write them a letter explaining what happened and provide something from the hospital. I had my husband fax it over to them the same day. The two days later I get an e-mail with a letter stating that they do not grant exceptions for ANY reason and that I would need to pay Pearson Vue another $200 and wait 4-6 weeks to get another authorization to test. I am so upset! Why would they tell me to send in an "appeal" and they know they don't even consider helping anyone out. Has anyone ever heard of this situation happening to anyone and if they were able to take the NCLEX without having to pay again??? Someone told me I may even have to pay the BON in my state another licensing fee of $140 on top of the $200. If anyone knows anything... I appreciate it! Thanks for reading.