How much do you make? - page 40
U.S. Navy RN 16 yrs Clinic Manager $6,800.00 month Moonlighting job: RN 16... Read More
Sep 6, '02Occupation: staff RN, (med-surg) Joined: Sep '02; Posts: 11) RN - staff nurse
2) 1 yr
4) $25.00/hr + $2.00 eve, $3.00 wknd
Sep 6, '02Occupation: poor nurse Joined: Oct '01; Posts: 2,293; Likes: 863 yrs experience CVICU
$40/hr as staff nurse not including differentials
great retirement benefits and health insurance coverage continues after retirement.
Sep 6, '02Occupation: poor nurse Joined: Oct '01; Posts: 2,293; Likes: 86Oops...sorry...must've been sleeping at the keyboard again....dreaming.
3 yrs experience CVICU
$20/hr not including differentials
Sep 21, '02Occupation: Ortho RN Joined: Sep '02; Posts: 5RN
19.01 per hour plus $13 per hour for weekends
6 weeks paid annual leave with 29% loading
Just changed hospitals recently and am already the most senior!!!
Very scary stuff!
After recent bargaining with the government for pay rises ( we want 18% over three years and more staff, they want to give us 3% over three years and take training out of Uni's!!!!) , our case is about to go to arbitration, so some silly man in a silly wig will say Here's your 3%. Cost of living rises by 5% per annum.......you do the sums.
Cost of living comparison - 4 brm brand new home 20 mins from Surfer's Paradise, Gold Coast and Brisbane city $175 per week in rent. Buy a house for less than $100k.Last edit by RNJames on Sep 21, '02
Sep 21, '02Occupation: RN Joined: Sep '02; Posts: 31. Rn
2. 3 Yrs
3. OR and Telemetry
doubletime on Saturdays
5. Pgh, Pa
Sep 21, '02Joined: Aug '02; Posts: 33; Likes: 11. RN-BSN
2. 12 yrs experience
3. Adult ICU
4. $24.64 Hr reg rate, $5.00 hr weekend diff.
5. Good benefits.
We also have a $32/hr for 2-12 hr shifts on the weekends w/ all benefits program. This is in Western PA, if any one is interested mention me for referrel fee!
Sep 21, '02Joined: Apr '02; Posts: 4,738; Likes: 104I earn approx $23/hr, not counting the extras. I will be getting a raise next month (according to contract). Mind you, those are Canadian dollars, and the cost of living here is relatively cheap.
Sep 21, '02Occupation: RN nurse supervisor Joined: Sep '02; Posts: 7RN Supervisor
Sep 21, '02Occupation: RN Joined: Mar '01; Posts: 999; Likes: 21. RN
2. New grad (graduated in May)
4. 18.00/hr + $2.50 evening diff/ $3.50 night diff/ $2.50 weekend diff
Sep 21, '02Occupation: PICU/NICU RN Joined: Jan '01; Posts: 191. RN, BSN
2. 11yrs ( 2 yrs adult, 9 yrs peds)
3. Peds ICU/Newborn ICU
4. I work "weekend option" which is Friday and Saturday night shift and make $37.77/hr. I also work as an agency nurse on Tues/Weds night shift in another local NICU making $37/hr. Last year between both jobs and some occasional "double time" shifts, I made $96, 500. Enought that my husband can go to nursing school and does not have to work. But I am very interested in that Texas Childrens Hospital and also the Twin Cities. I love to travel!!
Sep 21, '02Occupation: RN and blogger extraordinaire Specialty: 20 year(s) of experience in LTC, assisted living, med-surg, psych ; From: OR, US ; Joined: Sep '02; Posts: 26,953; Likes: 44,681RN
LTC resident care manager
Sep 21, '02Occupation: ICU nurse Joined: Aug '01; Posts: 751.RN