help needed

  1. hello everyone- i have a question i am currently working on my RN and almost done and am an LPN at this time. my goal is to get my NP and specialize in indian health services and work at a reservation as i am half indian and most of my family still lives on a reservation and want to give back. however funding is limited at this point and i was wondering if anyone knew of any programs where i could get my schooling paid for and pay it back by working at a reservation. thanks in advance for anyhelp!
  2. Visit nursie06 profile page

    About nursie06

    Joined: Nov '05; Posts: 13


  3. by   TazziRN
    Have you tried applying for federal aid?
  4. by   catlady
  5. by   traumaRUs
    The Indian Health Service might be another option.
  6. by   twinmommy+2
    I remember when in school hearing about a scholarship for those who want to work on a Native American reservation for a certain amount of years and they will give you a certain amount per year of service to them, but I forget the name of the scholarship. There are definatly scholarships out there for you.
  7. by   lannisz
    Yes you can - check out the us health and human services site - HRSA
  8. by   Crocuta
    My first thought was to inquire with your tribal council. They should have programs set up internally to train and retain tribal members. If they don't, I guess you just found your next cause. Start writing letters to them. :-)