Hi does any know all the causes of PEDAL EDEMA (particular left sided Pedal Edema), or unequal Pedal Edema test done to help differentiate between possible different causes.
If you can take it a step further and differentiate pitting verses non-pitting edema
Here is what I know so far of course
1.Heart DiseaseThe obvious one for Left side pedal edema can equal Heart Failure (TEST:ECHO):redpinkhe (ProBNP)
3. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (Sleep Study)
6. Pretibial Myxedema
7. Renal Disease (BUN/Creat)
8. Diabetic Renal Disease
9. Proteinuria (may need 24hr urine collection) (screen with urine dipstick)
11. Hepatic Disease
13. Nephrotic Syndrome
14. Throid Disorder (hypothyroidism)
15. Meig Syndrome (triad of benign ovarian tumor with ascites and pleural effusion that resolves after resection of the tumor. The ovarian tumor in Meigs syndrome is a fibroma.) Not to be confused with Meige's syndrome which is a type of dystonia
16. Pleural Effusions
17. PAD ( not sure if this does) (TEST=ABI testing)
19. Being Sedentary (Couch Potatoe test lol)
20. Lack of excercise
21. DVT (Venous Duplex)
Ok thats my list with the testing I know about can you post your test and what you know about the conditions that you list or if you know about the condition I list. Particular Meig syndrome has any one heard of that one. List the test done to help physician make a differential diagnosis
You can add in any testing to my list if you know.
Please correct any ones that I posted that are not correct thanks
Would like your opinions hope you can post and enlighten me as you post a possible cause and appropriate testing for the cause.