palm pilots and keyboards for lecture class

Nursing Students General Students

Published

have any of you used or have a palm pilot? I've been told by MANY college students this is an electronic essential when it comes to organization and note taking. Its much lighter and more convenient then a laptop. Also you can fit the keyboard and palm pilot in your pocket (the keyboard folds nicely). This is a pic of one. I'd like to hear some input

http://www.palm.com/products/palmm105/

I have a Palm and absolutely love it. I don't know yet whether I will use it as a note taking device but there is a great quizzing/flashcard program called Quizzler (http://www.quizzlerpro.com/quizzler.html ) that I use A&P study and medical terminology thus far. Plus, the Palm I have is also a cell phone so I have two devices in one. I would definitely advise getting one.

I have a Palm125. Love it! Haven't used it for note taking, but pretty much everything else! There's a great program called Due Yesterday that keeps track of homework and grades and such for you....

A cell phone/palm pilot in one? How cool? I'd love it! All my gadgets are separate....need a bag just to carry them! :D

How do you take notes with it. Just Curious.

Originally posted by Alie

How do you take notes with it. Just Curious.

http://www.palm.com/products/accessories/keyboard/

click the slideshow to the bottom right of the keyboard, you will see.

I bought a sony Clie T615. It is full color and has many capabilities. I used it for summer school. I've put in all my test/quizes/homeworks and their due dates, then I set reminders for it to remind me a week before a test comes up or something. Its kept me on top of the game for now. I haven't thought about using it to take notes though. I guess the old paper and pen, that way you can go back and add things. I've heard its a good idea to type them up when you get home, to refresh and add anything you may have misssed.

Just a thought.

I love my palm though, it combines my whole life, apts, work, school, etc all in one spot. And if something changes, no problem, just delete it or change it, no scribble marks. :)

Nycole

Specializes in Home Health.

They have other keyboards now that the palm actually fits into, and they are about the size of a nintendo player thing (the thing w the buttons to make the actions happen, am I getting senile, can't remember what they call it!) Anyway, even smaller and easier than the fold-able keyboard.

I personally am not with it enough to take notes on a palm, I don't type fast enough.

Can anyone answer this question? I entered all my appt's into my date book on the desktop, but none of it is in my palm and I sync'd it, but they didn't show up, and boy was I embarassed when I whipped it open!

I have a Jornada 680 that I purchased off of Ebay. It has keyboard, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, and modem so I can easily get on line with it. I LOVE it for note taking in class. Not only are my notes legible, I can easily modify them if needed. Also if someone from class doesn't attend, I can easily email them the notes for the day (don't do that often though).

Marlo:p

Originally posted by hobbes

I have a Palm and absolutely love it. I don't know yet whether I will use it as a note taking device but there is a great quizzing/flashcard program called Quizzler (http://www.quizzlerpro.com/quizzler.html ) that I use A&P study and medical terminology thus far. Plus, the Palm I have is also a cell phone so I have two devices in one. I would definitely advise getting one.

I checked out that Quizzler program. That is great stuff. I've been searching high and low for a decent and affordable "flashcard program. Thanks for posting the website.

Nycole

I just wanted to bump this one up for the new students! This is wonderful information. I think "Santa" is going to get me one :balloons: :bigringi:

Cheryl

how can you type on something soooo small? i would really like to have one to keep track of dates, appt. tests.. etc.. football games etc.. i use a datebook now.

i'm just getting used to a cell phone..lol. the buttons are so small.

is there a buzzer that goes off to alert you to a test, appt. etc?

thanks! :)

+ Add a Comment