What Is Your Favorite Nursing Book?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Just curious. Is there a good book you read before you became a nurse or after you became an RN?

Right now i have: Your First Year as a Nurse; Majoring in Nursing and Stressed Out About Nursing School. Is there another you'd recommend?

Cheryl

mommy to 3 almost 4

Chicken for the Nurse's Soul. I've had it for a few years now. And, every once in a while, when I need it (like lately), I bring it out and re-read it. It's been used so much that the pages are starting to fall out!

Specializes in Med-surg > LTC > HH >.

gosh there are sooooo many good ones, i'm gonna have to get back to ya on this one. i collect nurse books so i'm gonna look thru them.:p

Specializes in L&D.
Just curious. Is there a good book you read before you became a nurse or after you became an RN?

Right now i have: Your First Year as a Nurse; Majoring in Nursing and Stressed Out About Nursing School. Is there another you'd recommend?

Cheryl

mommy to 3 almost 4

Intensive Care by Echo Heron was recommended on Allnurses about 1 1/2 years back. I really enjoyed this book.

Here's a link to one being sold on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Intensive-Care-by-Echo-Heron-1988_W0QQitemZ4572091914QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure if my link is against rules here - sorry if it's not...just trying to help you out. Check it out!

Nurse Nancy and Doctor Dan from Little Golden Books :)

I read this book many moons ago called....So You Want To Be A Nurse...it was the scariest thing I ever read! lmao

Specializes in IMC, ICU, Telemetry.

I also read Intensive Care - just finished it a couple of weeks ago. I started From Novice to Expert by Patricia Benner last week before classes started, but only got about halfway through. It's not the easiest of reads (style reminded me of my Psych of Personality text), but it has great information and exemplars based on Dreyfus Model of Skill Progression. Hope to free up some time from OB & MH textbooks this weekend to finish it.

Specializes in ICUs, Tele, etc..

was working in tele the first two years of nursing then picked up ''the icu book'' by dan marino, and ''critical care nursing'' by thelan, read it cover to cover then been an icu rn ever since.

Specializes in ICUs, Tele, etc..
was working in tele the first two years of nursing then picked up ''the icu book'' by dan marino, and ''critical care nursing'' by thelan, read it cover to cover then been an icu rn ever since.

paul marino i mean....freakin miami dolphins sorry

+ Add a Comment