Who did CES and how long did it take?

World International

Published

Just wondering who applied for thE CES of CGFNS and how long did it really took?

How about those who applied for New MExico and Vermont (No CGFNS service involvement); how long did it took?

THis is for the benefit of those about to apply on states other than NY and CA.

Hope someone shares their experience.

Everyone that I know that has applied to New Mexico, has the CES completed.

Thanks, SUzanne. :clown: Hope anyone else would share their experience applying for other states other than NY and CA. Everyone in this forum already knows the pros and cons of appying on those 2 popular states but I'm sure there's someone out there that applied somewhere else. Please share your experiences. Was it long and ardous? Was it simple and fast?

Would you recommend it? Why and why not?

CEs, which is used for most other states, takes about two months to get, then you need to apply to the state where you wish licensure. If you add that on to the two months or so to get approval from that particular state, then you are looking at about the same time and not further ahead.

thanks, suzanne. :clown: hope anyone else would share their experience applying for other states other than ny and ca. everyone in this forum already knows the pros and cons of appying on those 2 popular states but i'm sure there's someone out there that applied somewhere else. please share your experiences. was it long and ardous? was it simple and fast?

would you recommend it? why and why not?

here is my experience;

july 2005 - i downloaded the form and requested fbi finger print card.

- requested my brother to submit the request form to my school

for them to fill up and submit directly to nm bon in sealed

envelope. (but my bro mail it to post office within the vicinity of

the school.

- started nclex review (nsna 5th edition)

august 2005- received the fbi card and completed the finger printing

(police department cidg) on the same day. finished the

notarization same day. filled up the application form and paid the

fee using my credit card.

- submitted the application and fbi card (bankdraft) through

fedex.

- received email from nm bon to register to pearson and i did it

quickly.(i'm online then)

- received att 5 minutes after registration.

- called pearson australia for hongkong exam using again my

credit card.

- on going nclex review

september 2005

- still in review mode ...nclex review nsna + saunders q&a.

october 2005

- went to hongkong took the exam stopped at 75.

- after 2 days, pearson result still not available but result

submitted to bon accdg to website when i check online.

- check the bon website by encoding my first and last name.

- i saw my name with my license number.

- bingo!!! i passed the exam.

- received pass result after one via snail mail.

- received nursing license (like atm card) again after one

week.

hope this help.....

here is my experience;

july 2005 - i downloaded the form and requested fbi finger print card.

- requested my brother to submit the request form to my school

for them to fill up and submit directly to nm bon in sealed

envelope. (but my bro mail it to post office within the vicinity of

the school.

- started nclex review (nsna 5th edition)

august 2005- received the fbi card and completed the finger printing

(police department cidg) on the same day. finished the

notarization same day. filled up the application form and paid the

fee using my credit card.

- submitted the application and fbi card (bankdraft) through

fedex.

- received email from nm bon to register to pearson and i did it

quickly.(i'm online then)

- received att 5 minutes after registration.

- called pearson australia for hongkong exam using again my

credit card.

- on going nclex review

september 2005

- still in review mode ...nclex review nsna + saunders q&a.

october 2005

- went to hongkong took the exam stopped at 75.

- after 2 days, pearson result still not available but result

submitted to bon accdg to website when i check online.

- check the bon website by encoding my first and last name.

- i saw my name with my license number.

- bingo!!! i passed the exam.

- received pass result after one via snail mail.

- received nursing license (like atm card) again after one

week.

hope this help.....

that was fast. will you be endorsing to another state?

thanks for sharing. i'm sure a lot will benefit from this.

hope there will be more who will share their experiences.

Well,

I just send CES out to CGFNS , so I can not really tell you how long it will take. I need that service for MA. I tried CVS N.Y. and after 12 months (!) no report issued to BON N.Y. . I hope, that CES will work out better for me. I thought about Vermont, but my problem is that MA still wants some kind of credit evaluation, no matter what.

One of my friends did CES , she got the ATT within some months after they had all her stuff, she also works in MA.

I figured out that if the school is not cooperative or the letters from CVS get lost, you are doomed. Both, the CVS and the schools always said "we have never received a letter" or " you need to be patient, we are working on that", which is still the status after one year!The idea that CES chases the transcripts and does the translation sound good, but if it doesnät work for one reason, there is nothing you can do.

Good luck!

Well,

I just send CES out to CGFNS , so I can not really tell you how long it will take. I need that service for MA. I tried CVS N.Y. and after 12 months (!) no report issued to BON N.Y. . I hope, that CES will work out better for me. I thought about Vermont, but my problem is that MA still wants some kind of credit evaluation, no matter what.

One of my friends did CES , she got the ATT within some months after they had all her stuff, she also works in MA.

I figured out that if the school is not cooperative or the letters from CVS get lost, you are doomed. Both, the CVS and the schools always said "we have never received a letter" or " you need to be patient, we are working on that", which is still the status after one year!The idea that CES chases the transcripts and does the translation sound good, but if it doesnät work for one reason, there is nothing you can do.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Hope you'll update us on your CES process.

This is not actually for me as I'm already done w/ almost everthing and I'm on the process of finding an employer. This is for those still researching on w/c state and process they want to do.

Thanks again.

I applied and sent a completed application form to the Arizona State Board of Nursing. At about the same time, I applied for the CES with the CGFNS, indicating Arizona as one of the recipients. The Arizona state board sent me back the fingerprint card and the affidavit regarding why I do not have a SSN (about 2 weeks after application was received). I sent these back to them promptly. The CES report was issued about 4 weeks after CGFNS received all the required documents. The CES report was sent electronically to the Az board, and they issued my ATT within 2 weeks of receiving the CES report.So, it took only about 2 months from the time I applied and paid the fees with the Az state board until I received my ATT. I also had my IELTS result sent to Az board. I received my Az license within 3 days of taking and passing the NCLEX test.

Hope this helps.

The big issue is also how long that it takes CGFNS to receive the documents from your school.

for CVS NY state, CVS received my license validation last week of november and my school transcripts 2nd week of december.....UNTIL NOW, both are still under review....Grrrrr!!!

I applied and sent a completed application form to the Arizona State Board of Nursing. At about the same time, I applied for the CES with the CGFNS, indicating Arizona as one of the recipients. The Arizona state board sent me back the fingerprint card and the affidavit regarding why I do not have a SSN (about 2 weeks after application was received). I sent these back to them promptly. The CES report was issued about 4 weeks after CGFNS received all the required documents. The CES report was sent electronically to the Az board, and they issued my ATT within 2 weeks of receiving the CES report.So, it took only about 2 months from the time I applied and paid the fees with the Az state board until I received my ATT. I also had my IELTS result sent to Az board. I received my Az license within 3 days of taking and passing the NCLEX test.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Greatly appreciated. Seems like CES is generally quite quick, as long as they received all documents from your school on time, as Suzanne said.

People, keep it coming.

+ Add a Comment