Philadelphia/South Jersey Students!?!

Nursing Students General Students

Published

hello-

i'm a guy who'll be starting a part-time BSN program this week Tuesday. love this website and thought i'd try to 'network' with any other students attending nursing school in the Philadelphia or South Jersey area!

come one, come all!

Thanks!!

Which program are you attending? I'm in South Jersey and have a BS already. I'm going for an ADN at Burlington County Community College in South Jersey, hoping to start in January. I was looking at the accelerated BSN programs at Thomas Jefferson and but decided I would go the less expensive route and I could always continue on later (with my employer footing the bill hopefully). :) Welcome.

Lori

Hi. I'm starting an accelerated BSN program at in September. Also, looking for classmates on the board. Anybody out there starting Sept 2003 or March 2004 at Drexel?

Any Jefferson folks out there. We can compare notes on our programs. They seem very similar.

---

Caroline

Hi everyone!

I'm a returning second-degreed student in the Philly area. I was accepted at Jefferson and my local community college this year. After receiving Jeff's "scholarship" in April, I decided to go through their FACT program. The "scholarship" is no scholarship though, it's a work agreement with a $72,000 default price tag. Too many variables in my life to sign a contract like that. This "scholarship" agreement wasn't presented to us until the day before classes started even though we were notified in April.

So I decided to attend my community college and work part-time as a unit clerk. I only have the cc nursing courses to complete. This wasn't my preferred route, but considering the wait lists, I feel grateful just to be attending class this Fall.

I'm interested in 's RN-MSN bridge program. Would love to hear from anyone who has completed it.

Good luck to you all!

Classicaldreams

Boy do I feel like a slacker. I have a BSW. Decided that I couldn't relocate my family to Philly for 's program and commuting wasn't an option. (I am in south Jersey.) So I signed up for our local LPN program. Will probably transfer to Stockton for RN...

Good Luck All!

Tres

I'm starting an ADN program on September 3rd at Harcum.. it's in Bryn Mawr, suburbs of Philly. I was actually thinking about going to , but Harcum is a VERY small school (only 300 some people attending this semester) and I think I'll function better in a setting like that. Good luck everyone!

Leah

I'm in 's accelerated BSN and will be done in 2 weeks!!! Whooo hooo!!! What a crazy year.... Good luck to everyone starting classes this fall.

Specializes in Adult Med-Surg, Rehab, and Ambulatory Care.

Hi!

I'm in South Jersey (Exit 5 off the Turnpike :rolleyes: ) and starting semester 2 of an ADN program at Burlington County College (same as LoriB). Welcome to the board! :)

Specializes in PACU.

Hello my fellow students! I will be starting the BSN progrma at in March 2004...... sure is a long time, right now i am finishing pre reqs at community college of philadelphia:)

since i already have a degree and can only go part-time (evenings & weekends), i found that La Salle University's BSN program fit the best. i wish i could afford to quit my job and run through one of the many accelerated BSN programs, but i'll be strong.

are there any other La Salle folk out there? any of you who know of somenoe attending La Salle?

I am still taking prereq's at the community college and then I think 's RN-BSN. However, need to find out more about the cost!

I'll be starting the accelerated BSN program at /Hahnemann in March 2004. I know a girl in the program now and one that will be starting with me in March. I've heard that you give up your life for a year but then it's Miller Time. I plan to move up there in March and am looking for apartments and/or possible roommates.

+ Add a Comment