Does your school make you do this...

Nursing Students General Students

Published

When writing a nursing diagnosis we have to write the FHP following the Nanda.

Anyone else?

Specializes in med/surg, telemetry, IV therapy, mgmt.

FHP - Family History Positive? or _____ Health Problem?

If what you are being asked to do is to write out the positive assessment and history factors that contribute to the nursing diagnosis, that makes sense. If you are being asked to identify the patients health problem that makes sense also because it definitely ties in to your nursing diagnosis. What the instructors are trying to do is to verify that you have clustered your patient's data together correctly and chosen the correct nursing diagnosis.

You have to understand that for school you are going to be asked to do things with your care plans that you normally wouldn't be doing at a job. Instructors do this as exercises to see if students are grasping major concepts that they are trying to teach you. It is part of their evaluation process of their teaching plans.

Care to share any examples?

Oh, sorry. FHP is functional health patterns, Gordon's I believe. Sort of like a way to categorize your diagnoses even more.

Like this..

Impaired physical mobility (Activity&Exercise) RT...blah blah...

Specializes in SICU.

I think this is normal.

NANDA diagonsis R/T blah blah blah AEB blah blah blah.

It helps you get orgainzed and relate things together.

I think that's the norm too. We just have to add the FHP after the Nanda.

I think this is normal.

NANDA diagonsis R/T blah blah blah AEB blah blah blah.

It helps you get orgainzed and relate things together.

Just a question..... What is AEB?:confused:

Specializes in med/surg, telemetry, IV therapy, mgmt.

if you have a copy of the ackley and ladwig nursing diagnosis handbook you will find a list of gordon's functional health patterns with all the nanda diagnoses sorted and arranged under each of them in the 7th edition in appendix b. appendix a has them arranged by maslow's hierarchy of needs.

nili927. . .aeb is an abbreviation for "as evidenced by". it's just a short hand way people use of writing these words in the nursing diagnostic statement.

we have to follow NANDA too, but we write it: AMB-as manifested by

just a question..... what is aeb?:confused:

aeb: as evidenced by, basically it is how you support your nursing diagnoses

our required format is nanda label r/t cause aeb sx.

the functional hp stuff comes into play for us when devising care plans as a means of organizing interventions and rationales...

this is an ADN program

C

Specializes in NICU Level III.
if you have a copy of the ackley and ladwig nursing diagnosis handbook you will find a list of gordon's functional health patterns with all the nanda diagnoses sorted and arranged under each of them in the 7th edition in appendix b. appendix a has them arranged by maslow's hierarchy of needs.

nili927. . .aeb is an abbreviation for "as evidenced by". it's just a short hand way people use of writing these words in the nursing diagnostic statement.

this book is awesome! we don't have to do the fhp stuff, but the dx r/t etiology aeb s/sx is done.

In my school we don't have to write AEB on our NANDAS we do that on our concept map. We write our NANDA then we write our assessment findings we used to base our NANDA on, after that we have write our interventions with rationales.

+ Add a Comment