Healthier Living Thread Part IV

Nurses Stress 101

Updated:   Published

Specializes in Med-Surg, Trauma, Ortho, Neuro, Cardiac.

Part IV

This is the thread where members come to share their journey to wellness and wholeness.

It's a holistic thread, talking about all apects of health, not just diet and exercise, but the mind and spirit as well. All posters are welcome (not just Premium Members) and encouraged on a periodic basis to share what you're doing, what you need to do and how you're going to do it, and what you know!

Specializes in NICU.

Wow Tweety - another thread already! This is such a great thing to keep going and I am so glad it is still rolling along. ;)

Let's see - Hiker, you're right, the commodities program is absolutely wonderful and I love to see people taking advantage of it. :) I especially love your idea about lifting the geese - you're right, they were about the size of turkeys and they definitely gave me a workout. Plus, since I am the young buck in the office (hehe), I get to do all the lifting of boxes and helping people carry them out to their car - extra added bonus for me!

Hi everybody! Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone, gotta study for a test tonight. Hope everyone has a healthy, happy day!

Specializes in cardiac med-surg.

i was good in jan

naughty in feb

sitting on the fence...

but yall still love me anyways

Specializes in NICU.

Of course we do Muffie. Well, I seem to be up on that darned fence too. So, shall we hop off together? On the count of 3, ok?

one . . .

two . . .

Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . .

:D

Now I'm going to go drink a big glass of water. ;)

Specializes in cardiac med-surg.

and then you are going to the watercloset, alot

Specializes in Alzheimer's, Geriatrics, Chem. Dep..
i was good in jan

naughty in feb

sitting on the fence...

Of COURSE we love you - even tho your butt has a hole in it from all that fence sitting:

re: just do a whole lotta that dancing that's in your avie, zoe !

That would certainly work off a lot of calories!

Did you ever see "Blast from the past" (I think it was called) with Brendon Frasier? Reminded me of that scene in the nightclub where he was dancing.

And BTW it is a GREAT fun movie! Alicia Silverspoon (I think is her name), Christopher Walken, Cissy Spacek ...

and then you are going to the watercloset, alot

this is why I don't drink a lot of fluids (unfortunately) - at work for example we have to go thru the whole great big HUGE warehouse to get to the BR - and then the BR is FREEZING - which means (speaking of butts) freezing yours off...

OH meant to say, thank you Tweety for getting the new thread going! Muffie thanks for letting me hijack your post...

Specializes in Critical Care.

HI everyone!

Hiker - I just set the treadmill a little slower, keep one hand available to balance on the handle on one side or the other, and prop my magazine/light book on the control panel. I walk around at work often looking at something or another anyway, and figure I can pull it off on the treadmill too. Seems to work fine. My treadmill also has one of those emergency thingies that you can clip to your clothes, so if you go off the back or something it pulls a magnet and shuts the electricity off immediately. I have pulled it a couple of times by accident and it most certainly stops fast!!!!

Muffie - I'm with you! Was bad for part of Jan also, but am back on track at last. Evidence: I weighed this morning and I re-hit the 10# mark (had re-gained 3 of the first 10 pounds I had lost). 15# to go to make my MD happy.

I have a coveted hair appt. this afternoon - a mental health issue for me!

Until tomorrow....

:loveya:

Specializes in NICU.
i was good in jan

naughty in feb

sitting on the fence...

Well, of course we do :kiss

Great way to improve your balance by sitting on the fence. Always thinking about healthier living, aren't you ;)

You know Blue, I walk around reading things, too. I walked home from school reading books for years--it doesn't work now, because I have to drive :rolleyes: I have no problem walking down the stairs reading, but something about the treadmill, I dunno. Maybe I need to walk smoother or something, LOL.

I did five miles at the gym this evening. I've decided to reward myself for every twenty fitness miles I make. Jewelry, perhaps??? :redpinkhe

Specializes in Lie detection.

hello everyone,

[color=#483d8b]

[color=#483d8b]i think i stepped a toe off the wagon into sugarland :mad: . female woes had me craving a bit. first salt, then sweet. oh well, back on track now.

[color=#483d8b]

[color=#483d8b]i exercised through it all and that's a first for me. usually when i succumb to my food cravings i ditch everything. nope, i still went to the gym .

[color=#483d8b]

[color=#483d8b]i know in thread #3, there was some elliptical talk. i must say, i do love this machine, i feel it really is one of the best cardio machines there is. i already have a great treadmill at home or i would seriously think about getting one.

[color=#483d8b]

[color=#483d8b]anyone here ever tried acupuncture? i have in the past and found it quite soothing. i'm thinking about doing it again.

[color=#483d8b]what about any other alternative therapies? massage?

[color=#483d8b]

[color=#483d8b]well, off to slumberland for me :nurse: . g'nite all.

[color=#483d8b]

I exercised through it all and that's a first for me. Usually when I succumb to my food cravings I ditch everything. Nope, I still went to the gym ]

Hi, good for you! I too, if I fall off the wagon with the food, just throw my hands up and stop the exercise, too. It is silly to do that and I never really thought about it before! thanks!

Specializes in Critical Care.

Hi everyone!

Cas - good for you!!! Yup, I've done that before too. One little chocolate bar slip up suddenly becomes the reason I can't possibly eat fruit and veggies the rest of the day, or go for a walk, or anything. All or nothing shouldn't be part of healthy living or no one would get started!

So far so good this week - Made it to Curves this morning, walked the last 2 mornings, have stuck to a rational eating plan all week too.

Off topic news update - the bathroom plumbing is repaired, holes are closed. Walls are going to be textured and painted today, and hopefully by Monday the toilet will be coming out of it's current storage (in the bath tub) and be re-installed, new vanity installed and bathroom-life back to normal soon!

:balloons: :smiley_aa :yeah: :w00t:

+ Add a Comment