H1-C Visas

World International

Published

There are a few agencies that are pushing the H1-C visas in your country currently. Please take the time to do your research before signing any of them. First, you cannot get the H1-C visa without having a Visa Screen Certificate in hand. The contracts state only passing of the NCLEX exam, but that is not the case. The US government requires that proof of having the Visa Screen Certificate be submitted with the actual petition. This goes for any type of temporary visa, and includes even those from countries that have special treaties with the US, such as Canada, Mexico, as well as Australia.

The H1-C visa does not expedite anything for you in terms of getting a green card, it does not give you a fast-track to anything. There are only a small amount of facilities in the US that are even permitted to offer the H1-C visa and that is because they are in underprivleged area, and that they cannot get enough staff to work there. For the few that do exist, they usually require long bus rides just to go shopping for anything. And if you do not like the facility, or they do not like you; the US government only gives you a short time to get another employer under the same visa status, or you will be forced to leave the US.

Also suggest that you thoroughly do your searches on the facilities that you could be sent to. Check out the crime statistics for the area, and see if you would want your family visiting you there, or even living there. Check out some of the threads that have been on the International Forum about some of the contracts that have come out of the border towns in Texas where you can have 15 or more patients. And these are acute care patients, not those in a nursing home.

This is also the area where you have heard of the $50,000 bonus for signing up there. They can offer a large amount like that as no one lasts to collect it.

Just a few things to think about.

Please be careful on agencies wanting to use the H1C. Pls. research the hospitals and where it is located if it is in a safe place at all.

The H1C is for facilities w/ severe shortage of Staff RNs only and there is a good reason why it is in the 1st place.

Not worth it, esp. since you will be just on H1C visa rather on a green card.

First and foremost is to research what are the pros and cons of the H1C and if you ask me the cons far outweighs the pros.

Pls. refer to the link below to know more about the H1C visa and w/c specific hospitals it is available.

http://www.messersmithlaw.com/work-visa/h1c-visa.html

Specializes in MedSurg.-Tele, Home health, LTC.

this is also the area where you have heard of the $50,000 bonus for signing up there. they can offer a large amount like that as no one lasts to collect it.

just a few things to think about.

$50,000? are you serious? i don't think so! :angryfire this is baloney pony! this is just to reel people to come in, but people, this is not true! this is way to good to be true. a hospital or nursing home won't pay that much..this is bogus! i am appalled, okay, a lot of places will say they will give you "bonus" just for signing up, but the truth is, you don't get that full amount...they will spread it out for x amount of months, to years...then boom! it will hit you in the head, the place your at can be crappy, understaff, patient ratio is horrible, working condition is too bleah! is it worth it? then you ended up quitting, and not get that full "bonus". you see? employers will advertise this to entice you...and oh, another thing? if ever you get that bonus? you won't even get the full partial amount because you will get taxed on it...beleive me, this is full of carabao pooh..don't settle for something small, fast, quick...you studied hard enough, so don't fooled by this agency crap, it's a trick! you studied for 4 years, and then pls. be smart..do it the right way.sorry, this is really, really sad.:trout: ..

Thank you for the info! :)

$50,000? are you serious? i don't think so! :angryfire this is baloney pony! this is just to reel people to come in, but people, this is not true! this is way to good to be true. a hospital or nursing home won't pay that much..this is bogus! i am appalled, okay, a lot of places will say they will give you "bonus" just for signing up, but the truth is, you don't get that full amount...they will spread it out for x amount of months, to years...then boom! it will hit you in the head, the place your at can be crappy, understaff, patient ratio is horrible, working condition is too bleah! is it worth it? then you ended up quitting, and not get that full "bonus". you see? employers will advertise this to entice you...and oh, another thing? if ever you get that bonus? you won't even get the full partial amount because you will get taxed on it...beleive me, this is full of carabao pooh..don't settle for something small, fast, quick...you studied hard enough, so don't fooled by this agency crap, it's a trick! you studied for 4 years, and then pls. be smart..do it the right way.sorry, this is really, really sad.:trout: ..

i second this but on the other side of the coin is that some filipino nurses even brag about this and even help out recruit some more and not fully aware that it is crap.

There actually are a couple of facilities in the border towns in Texas that do this and for Americans to work there. You will see it in the nursing magazines every so often. They can advertise that, and not have to pay it as none last that long there. Not long enough to get that bonus.

Just showing that things are really bad in those areas, and those are where the H1-C visas are.

Check out the RN Magazine ads for this, they are there. But those that know stay away from there, and the others leave within a few months of going there. As well as some of the other nursing magazines.

This is the point that I am trying to make, you will see ads like this to work in the areas that the H1-C visas are in. There is a reason that these facilities qualify for that designation. It is that bad there.

Specializes in NVICU, NSICU.

A male colleague of my sister from nursing school actually bragged about receiving 50k as a sign-on bonus in a Mexican border state. This was 2 years ago. My sister wouldn't even hear of it when she was being convinced to transfer. I think that this amount was staggered and with an attached longer-term contract than most.

A male colleague of my sister from nursing school actually bragged about receiving 50k as a sign-on bonus in a Mexican border state. This was 2 years ago. My sister wouldn't even hear of it when she was being convinced to transfer. I think that this amount was staggered and with an attached longer-term contract than most.

Yes, this kind of amount is staggered and usually only given annually for x years plus deductions from tax.

Anybody can send me a PM about agency who process H1C visa. I think I can handle the chalenge.Thanks

In our country, no signed in bonus or relocation fees offered with this H1-C visa. Just a promised of being in US in 4-5 months with one month free housing and free one way airline ticket to the place of destination....With retrogression problem ...more nurses are tempted to accept this offer...

In our country, no signed in bonus or relocation fees offered with this H1-C visa. Just a promised of being in US in 4-5 months with one month free housing and free one way airline ticket to the place of destination....With retrogression problem ...more nurses are tempted to accept this offer...

And just to throw a few more things in the subject:

Most do not like the areas that the H1-C visas are offered in, then you do not have a ticket home. And you only have so many days to find another facility that would be willing to sponsor you with that visa. When there are less than 20 hospitals in the US that have that designation, then you are going to have major difficulties with that.

You must already have a Visa Screen Certificate in hand before the petition can even be submitted.

Most facilities do not want this designation, there is actually a stigma attached to it, and they must have extra employees to handle the extra paperwork. It is not a good thing over here. And in order to get that certification, things must be really bad there are far as work conditions, the number of patients that you will have, and safety issues.

Sorry, but there is not one thing in the world that is worth a nurse's safety.

And as we keep repeating here over and over again; you try to take a shortcut and it will turn around and bite you on the butt.

And another thing: If these visas were so wonderful, you would find agencies clamoring all over to get these positions filled. Right now, agencies are losing money all over the world as they do not get paid until the nurse starts working. And you still see only a few offering them, wonder why? And why only in the Philippines and India? Something else to think about.

Does not add up to a good thing.:uhoh21:

Suzzane,

I talked with you in the other forum and I know what you think of H1C visas. I looked at the website, the facility look good, what exactly is bad there? Maybe I should go and visit to have an idea what it is like? It is understaffed, right, anything else?

And one more question, I read at some other thread that you said that H1B are not available any more - why is that? I was talking to some lawyer and she said that if the hospital is non-profit you can apply all year round. I have an Associate degree from Ukraine, but she said that each 3 years of work equal to a year of study so it may be equivalent to B.N.? Is that correct? It if is so, why then nurses cannot get H1B?

And one more - what about studying for M.S? Then could you get H1B?

What are the chances? And what is the demand?

Thanks a lot.

+ Add a Comment