Helpful Information for the Critical Care Units

Helpful information in the Critical Care Units (CCU) including information for Nurses who want to update their skills as well as for Nursing Students who need more information to help digest the vast amount of information during their Nursing programs. Specialties CCU Article

Updated:  

Helpful Information for the Critical Care Units

ICUfaq - Excellent all the way around ...

Cardiovascular Physiology Concepts

EKGusa - ABG tutorial

RealNurseED - ABG tutorial self-learning

12LeadECG - Introduction to 12-lead ecg, the art of interpretation

CCMTutorials - Intubation, ventilators, respiratory distress, critical care

Simulation of Respiratory Mechanics

Auscultation Assistant

Stethographics

Rale Reference Collection

Blaufuss Multimedia - Heart sounds/cardiac arrhythmias

ECGLibrary - Cardiac tracings/advanced

TheMDSite - Website by Dr. Dale Dubin, author "Rapid Interpretation of EKG's"

AdvancedCardiacLifeSupport.info - Mock Codes

ECGLearningCenter

RNCeus - ECG Strip identification/evaluation

ECGSim - Interactive simulation program

ECGLibrary

Skillstat - ECG recognition w/time limit

ICUMedicus - ICU case of the week

MedlinePlus - Arrhythmias

LearningRadiology - Radiology interpretation

Practical Clinical Skills EKG Practice/Drill

Atlas of Human Cardiac Anatomy (University of Minnesota)

(Editorial Team / Admin)

WHNP-BC-E, FNP-BC, LNC, and Educator. Specialty areas include, Advanced Practice nursing, Legal Nurse Consulting, Forensics, OB, Emergency/Trauma, and Education.

17 Articles   44,736 Posts

Specializes in RETIRED Cath Lab/Cardiology/Radiology.

THANK you, sirI! What a help this will be for me! Again, thank you!

Specializes in Education, FP, LNC, Forensics, ED, OB.

You are welcome Di. I have some more I will get together for later.

American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)- helpful links on certification as CCRN, progressive care certification such as stepdown units, telemetry units, direct observational units, and transitional units

American Heart Association (AHA)- overall good site for reference material on BLS, ACLS, stroke, MI, including position statements

American Heart Association (AHA) Training Centers (locator) - Instructor-led ACLS, PALS, BLS classes

Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers (AHA) - includes the 2015 AHA Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care

CPR in Schools Training Kits - AHA

Opioid Education for Healthcare Providers (AHA) - designed for EMTs/Paramedics, Nurses, Physicians, Pharmacists; variety of eLearning assets such as self-directed learning and interactive activities

American Academy of Pediatrics: The Neonatal Resuscitation Program® (NRP®) - conveys evidence-based approach to care of the newborn at birth and facilitates team-based care for healthcare professionals who care for newborns at the time of delivery; utilizes blended learning approach

Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing, 3rd edition - (author: Hardin & Kaplow : ISBN-ISBN-13: 978-1284154214 / ISBN-10: 1284154211

AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing, Fourth Edition - author: Burns & Delgado: ISBN-13: 978-1260116755 / ISBN-10: 1260116751

Rapid Interpretation of EKG's, Sixth Edition - (author: Dubin: ISBN-13: 978-0912912066 / ISBN-10: 0912912065

American Journal of Cardiology (AJC)

sirI,

These are great. I'm studying for CEN, nothing to do with CCU, and these are really helpful.:nurse:

Great, KatieBell. Good luck with your exam. Please let us know when you pass!!!!!:)

Fluid and Electrolytes for Nursing Students | NCLEX RN Review (2019)

Heart Blood Flow & Heart Anatomy Review | NCLEX RN Review 2018

Lung Sounds | NCLEX Review [2019]

Pulmonary Embolism Remastered - Pathophysiology, Symptoms, Diagnosis, DVT (MEDCram)

Hypertension Guidelines Explained Clearly - 2017 HTN Guidelines (MEDCram)

Shock Explained Clearly - Cardiogenic, Hypovolemic, and Septic (MEDCram)

Shock and Sepsis Treatment Explained Clearly by MedCram.com

Introduction to 12-Lead ECG: The Art of Interpretation - View ECGs and flashcards to quiz on information about the electrical system of the heart.

Michigan State University Department of Radiology (MSU): Chest Imaging Tutorial - This tutorial is designed to assist the provider in the development of skills that are necessary to review patient chest radiographs.

Specializes in CRITICAL CARE.

Thanks a lot for all these helpful website on all aspects of nursing. I am anticipating that you will always carry on these helpful links.

wave.gif.f76ccbc7287c56e63c3d7e6d800ab6c

Specializes in ICU/CCU/MICU/SICU/CTICU.

sirI, now I know why I loves ya!

Thanks for all the great links!

Specializes in CRITICAL CARE.

Thanks a lot sirI for all these helpful links.

I want to thank @Daytonite for the following information.

Nurse Bob's MICU/CCU Survival Guide