help.. help.. help.. please..

World International

Published

Hi guys! I'm new here in the canadian forum and I'm really interested in going to canada. I've already read some of your threads here and learned a lot. But there are still few things that confuses me. 1st, where do I have to apply first, in CRNBC or the province of my choice? 2nd, do I need an employer first before starting to file my registration so I can have the chance for the temporary registration? And lastly, I graduated last march 2006 and working since november2006 til present, do I have an edge in getting an employer sponsor me? Any information will be of big help. Thank you so much in advance. :flowersfo :bow:

Specializes in Critical Care.

Moderators, fellow nurses... please correct me if I'm wrong..

1st, you can apply in the province of your choice. BC is just one of the province in Canada.

2nd, not yet... From what I've read here, employers prefer those who are already eligible to take the CRNE rather than those who still need to undergo the bridging program.

lastly, someone told me that unlike in US, Canadian employers prefer those with experience rather than those who just graduated. So I guess that would give you a plus point...

Hope I answered you question....

Specializes in NICU, PICU, PCVICU and peds oncology.

lenjoy03 has it mostly right.

Each province has its own regulatory body called a College of Nursing. That's where you apply to have your credentials assessed, where you get authorization to write the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE) and where you get your permit to practice from. CRNBC is the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia, CARNA is the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta, CNO is the College of Nurses of Ontario and so on. Lots of alphabet soup, isn't there?

If you've been actively recruited by an employer, they'll support your application for temporary registration, but the nurses they're actively recruiting are those with many years' experience in a specialty area like CCU. Your 14 months of experience wouldn't be wasted, but not likely to attract as much attention as someone who has worked for 10 years in a cardiovascular OR, for example.

Since you've read a lot of the information already posted, I'm sure you're prepared for the amount of time, money and hassle involved in the process. You might as well start getting your documentation in order...

Thanks for the information. It really is a big help and highly appreciated. =>

But which province mostly like have the same standard of education that we have here in th Philippines? I read in one the threads here, if filipino nurses goes to Ontario we still need to study for another 2yrs just to pass their standard. Which province will be mostly likely suitable for me(as a Phil RN)? Thanks again in advance..

Specializes in ortho or.

Why not try Saskatchewan Canada????

Unlike BC,Ont. or AB..... you will only require to passed IELTS, had at least 1,125 hours of clinical exp..proof of your nursing education, valid PRC registration, and with a good moral character...

My registration took only less than a month, I started contacting them July 22 got my CRNE eligibilty August11 (but that was 2006)..I heard right now it takes 1-2 months, still not bad eh..

But theres a draw back...The Winter... yesterday's temp drop to -50.. at some point that time,were even colder than Siberia,Russia!:bugeyes:

But still, SK is good specially Saskatoon, quite, small city with a very good number of Filipino immigrants... interested?

Thanks for the information. It really is a big help and highly appreciated. =>

But which province mostly like have the same standard of education that we have here in th Philippines? I read in one the threads here, if filipino nurses goes to Ontario we still need to study for another 2yrs just to pass their standard. Which province will be mostly likely suitable for me(as a Phil RN)? Thanks again in advance..

Specializes in critical care.
why not try saskatchewan canada????

unlike bc,ont. or ab..... you will only require to passed ielts, had at least 1,125 hours of clinical exp..proof of your nursing education, valid prc registration, and with a good moral character...

my registration took only less than a month, i started contacting them july 22 got my crne eligibilty august11 (but that was 2006)..i heard right now it takes 1-2 months, still not bad eh..

but theres a draw back...the winter... yesterday's temp drop to -50.. at some point that time,were even colder than siberia,russia!:bugeyes:

but still, sk is good specially saskatoon, quite, small city with a very good number of filipino immigrants... interested?

thanks for the info..

do you know any saskatchewan employers who direct hire? esp in the regina or weyburn area?

glad for your help!:cheers:

Hi Roll 69!

How did you go to Saskatchewan? Did you go thru an agency ?

Specializes in medical-surgical/OB-Gyne.

hi roll 69,

i have been trying to know anybody working in saskatchewan, i'll be leaving anytime april as a graduate nurse hired last year by regina qu'appelle health region, i would like to know what is the working enviornment there? thanks for your reply.

sknurse07

Specializes in ortho or.
Hi Roll 69!

How did you go to Saskatchewan? Did you go thru an agency ?

Im a walk-in applicant..

hi roll 69,

i have been trying to know anybody working in saskatchewan, i'll be leaving anytime april as a graduate nurse hired last year by regina qu'appelle health region, i would like to know what is the working enviornment there? thanks for your reply.

sknurse07

Still depends on what areas your in to.. ward is always busy and understaff, of course... Im in OR, which is not as pressured and stressful as in the ward..

thanks for your reply. im in medical-surgical ward here in the philippines but most likely be assign in the medical since my experience is in that area. what city are you in saskatchewan? are you a permanent resident already or still a working visa....sorry too many questions to asked, just curious. hope to hear from you. God bless.

sknurse07

hi, 14 months of experience is good enough, as long as you passed your IELTS exam you can apply through agency that processed papers. I was lucky enough that I was hired last November. Saskatchewan and Alberta are the 2 open province you could apply. you try to go to mercan canada their office is beside robinson's galleria i heard they will conduct an interview on feb 28-march 6, the employers from saskatchewan are coming to manila and they need 300 nurses both for saskatoon and regina. goodluck to you.

sknurse07

thanks for your reply. im in medical-surgical ward here in the philippines but most likely be assign in the medical since my experience is in that area. what city are you in saskatchewan? are you a permanent resident already or still a working visa....sorry too many questions to asked, just curious. hope to hear from you. God bless.

sknurse07

hi sknurse07! Just want to know how did you get an employer? Did you pass through an agency for it? Will you be working there as a RN already? Thanks in advance. :nurse:

+ Add a Comment