Jump to content

El Centro/NLC ADN Spring 2020

School Programs   (21,727 Views | 475 Replies)

302 Profile Views; 24 Posts

You are reading page 38 of El Centro/NLC ADN Spring 2020. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

15 Posts; 62 Profile Views

On 11/1/2019 at 4:25 PM, J.Bumgarner said:

I tried contacting ***** ****** to verify they received my acceptance letter but the recording says he is out until 11/7. Have any of you who mailed in the acceptance letter called to check about them receiving? Any ideas on who I should confirm with?

I would just email a copy of your signed form and say you mailed it too. Just in case, but I’m sure you’re fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SKS0426 has 1 years experience.

48 Posts; 227 Profile Views

Hey! I know everyone uses facebook now, but i don't know if any former students are on the pages...anyways, any former or current student on here know exactly how long the first orientation is? The email says be prepared for 3 hours but does it run longer than that? Just need to know if i need to make arrangements for someone to pick up my daughter from school 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 74 Profile Views

I’m moving to Dallas and need to take chem. Anyone recommend a teacher? I see ***** At North lake but her reviews are not good 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 Posts; 160 Profile Views

Hey guys,

I feel dumb but the InFLUenza vaccination.. is that the same thing as the regular flu shot??   or is that extra ontop of the flu shot??? 

Also, those of you who applied to El Centro, did you also apply to Brookhaven???  Did the processes overlap? or did you get an offer for el centro first and had to wait on brookhaven? Even though you may have wanted to be at brookhaven as your first choice?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

89 Posts; 177 Profile Views

2 minutes ago, eriPackWOman said:

Hey guys,

I feel dumb but the InFLUenza vaccination.. is that the same thing as the regular flu shot??   or is that extra ontop of the flu shot??? 

Also, those of you who applied to El Centro, did you also apply to Brookhaven???  Did the processes overlap? or did you get an offer for el centro first and had to wait on brookhaven? Even though you may have wanted to be at brookhaven as your first choice?? 

The flu is short for influenza. It is the same thing. It is current for this season if you got it after August 15th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Posts; 24 Profile Views

On 11/14/2019 at 6:06 PM, Livsmadmom said:

I’m moving to Dallas and need to take chem. Anyone recommend a teacher? I see Simmons At North lake but her reviews are not good 😳

I'm currently taking Dr. *** ****** for Chem1411. He doesn't have the best reviews but I think he's good. He is very engaged with the class so he will call on you for answers. His accent is a bit thick, but overall, if he see's that you are trying then he will make sure you succeed. I have him Mon and Wed. 

Mon - 3 hour lecture

Wed - 3 hour lab (which usually doesn't only lasts for and hour or an hour and a half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shauntil07 has 8 years experience as a CNA.

2 Followers; 533 Posts; 8,784 Profile Views

On 11/14/2019 at 6:06 PM, Livsmadmom said:

I’m moving to Dallas and need to take chem. Anyone recommend a teacher? I see **** At North lake but her reviews are not good 😳

I took **** **** but i dont think she is teaching it this semester. i took her for 1405 and she was pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Posts; 77 Profile Views

$3000 for books and $350 for the supply package is what we were told at orientation last Wednesday. There isn’t a payment plan available for this. I’m sure this has been addressed before, but can anyone point me in a cheaper direction? Seriously terrified at this price!

 

Also, for those of you that have graduated from the program do you think there is an advantage to either the online copies or paper copies of the textbooks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

89 Posts; 177 Profile Views

5 minutes ago, elliepark said:

$3000 for books and $350 for the supply package is what we were told at orientation last Wednesday. There isn’t a payment plan available for this. I’m sure this has been addressed before, but can anyone point me in a cheaper direction? Seriously terrified at this price!

 

Also, for those of you that have graduated from the program do you think there is an advantage to either the online copies or paper copies of the textbooks?

I don’t think there are any cheaper options out there.. we have to buy the books from the bookstore. Same with the supply kit. I think it’s insane they don’t give some sort of payment options, but not much we can do about it 😞

Like congratulations on getting accepted, now pay us $4,000 on top of tuition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 130 Posts; 798 Profile Views

18 hours ago, elliepark said:

$3000 for books and $350 for the supply package is what we were told at orientation last Wednesday. There isn’t a payment plan available for this. I’m sure this has been addressed before, but can anyone point me in a cheaper direction? Seriously terrified at this price!

 

Also, for those of you that have graduated from the program do you think there is an advantage to either the online copies or paper copies of the textbooks?

Unfortunately the quizzes, modules, videos, readings, case studies and Vsims are all done online so they are included in the $3,000 book package, there are no alternate retailers. 

I'm currently in the program and the one girl I know who has brought the hard copies of the books says she doesn't use them, but it's up to you if you think that's your learning style

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 130 Posts; 798 Profile Views

18 hours ago, Colleeng16 said:

I don’t think there are any cheaper options out there.. we have to buy the books from the bookstore. Same with the supply kit. I think it’s insane they don’t give some sort of payment options, but not much we can do about it 😞

Like congratulations on getting accepted, now pay us $4,000 on top of tuition 

I fyou buy from the bookstore you should be able to get a rebate - not sure how much money you get back - from Lippincott. We all bought from thepoint website, the direct retailer so we didn't have to go through the extra step of waiting for the rebate. Not sure if they're still offering to pay you the difference but they did when I was in j1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 Posts; 218 Profile Views

On 11/14/2019 at 6:06 PM, Livsmadmom said:

I’m moving to Dallas and need to take chem. Anyone recommend a teacher? I see ***** At North lake but her reviews are not good 😳

******* “******” ****** at Richland. I heard it may be her last semester but idk how true that Is. Take her!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.