Jump to content

CSULA FALL 2020

Pre-Nursing   (6,867 Views | 207 Replies)

541 Profile Views; 180 Posts

Hello. I wanted to create this forum for people who are applying to Cal State Los Angeles for Fall 2020. This is a place where we can discuss and compare statistics between us, as well as ask questions regarding the program. Thank you and good luck to you all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

180 Posts; 541 Profile Views


MY STATS:


1. Cumulative GPA:

3.95

2. Pre-requisite GPA:

4.0

3. TEAS reading:

89.4%

4. TEAS math:

93.8%

5. TEAS science:

93.6%

6. TEAS english:

87.5%

7. TEAS overall:

92%

Volunteer/Health field experience:

  • 201.5 hours of volunteer work at Kaiser Permanente WLA Medical Center
  • Certified Massage Therapist at a chiropractic office for 3.5 years (about 4200 hours of experience)

Would love to hear everyone else's stats to know where we all stand against each other and to hear anybody's questions about the program that I could answer. Thank you and good luck to everyone!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

71 Posts; 649 Profile Views

Hello,

I am applying as well! 

Cumulative gpa: 3.86

Pre-reqs: 3.67

TEAS overall: 89.2

-Reading: 87.5

-English: 87.2

Health experience:

Two years experience at St. Joseph Hospital 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

180 Posts; 541 Profile Views

1 hour ago, crabfish45 said:

Hello,

I am applying as well! 

Cumulative gpa: 3.86

Pre-reqs: 3.67

TEAS overall: 89.2

-Reading: 87.5

-English: 87.2

Health experience:

Two years experience at St. Joseph Hospital 

 

 

Thank you for responding!! Good luck to you. Hopefully more people respond so we can have an idea where we stand. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60 Posts; 626 Profile Views

Hey guys! Here are my stats...

Cumulative GPA: 3.9

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

TEAS overall: 85.3

(Reading: 80.9, Math: 90.6, Science: 80.9, English: 95.8)

Work experience in a hospital as a CNA, over 100 hrs. 

Work experience as a Respite Care worker for children with autism... don't know if this makes a difference in the application. 

I know my TEAS score is not as competitive, but I'm hoping for the best 🙂

Good luck to all of you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

180 Posts; 541 Profile Views

38 minutes ago, nursingtings said:

Hey guys! Here are my stats...

Cumulative GPA: 3.9

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

TEAS overall: 85.3

(Reading: 80.9, Math: 90.6, Science: 80.9, English: 95.8)

Work experience in a hospital as a CNA, over 100 hrs. 

Work experience as a Respite Care worker for children with autism... don't know if this makes a difference in the application. 

I know my TEAS score is not as competitive, but I'm hoping for the best 🙂

Good luck to all of you!

Hey there! Thank you for your response. Your stats are definitely competitive. Good luck to you as well! Hopefully more people respond to this post. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 Posts; 50 Profile Views

Hello! My stats are 

Cumulative GPA: 4.0 

Prereq GPA: 4.0 

TEAS: 84.7% 

Over 200 hours for volunteer 

Work experience as a respiratory tech for over 200 hours

Although my TEAS score isn't as high as I hoped it would be, I hope my GPA and healthcare experience will make up for it! Good luck to everyone who applied! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

180 Posts; 541 Profile Views

On 1/28/2020 at 9:00 AM, hopefulSN_ said:

Hello! My stats are 

Cumulative GPA: 4.0 

Prereq GPA: 4.0 

TEAS: 84.7% 

Over 200 hours for volunteer 

Work experience as a respiratory tech for over 200 hours

Although my TEAS score isn't as high as I hoped it would be, I hope my GPA and healthcare experience will make up for it! Good luck to everyone who applied! 

Your stats are pretty good! Good luck to you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60 Posts; 626 Profile Views

Hey guys, I've been thinking about this lately...

On the application it says "The applicant may only submit one specific work or volunteer experience in which they have directly worked with patients with 100 or more hours of service within the last 2 years"

I'm sure some people have submitted both volunteer and health related work experiences, but if the application states "or" are they taking both into consideration? Do I make sense lol? 😖

I'm just curious if having both will increase ones chances. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

180 Posts; 541 Profile Views

On 2/8/2020 at 12:58 PM, nursingtings said:

Hey guys, I've been thinking about this lately...

On the application it says "The applicant may only submit one specific work or volunteer experience in which they have directly worked with patients with 100 or more hours of service within the last 2 years"

I'm sure some people have submitted both volunteer and health related work experiences, but if the application states "or" are they taking both into consideration? Do I make sense LOL? 😖

I'm just curious if having both will increase ones chances. 

 

I was confused about this as well. According to ----------------- in the nursing department at CSULA, You’re supposed to submit as many experiences as you can, but they will only count one towards your application. Supposedly having more than one experience does not matter since they only count one, but I feel like they are only human and will probably notice you did more than one thing and take that into consideration. But who knows for sure.... LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

180 Posts; 541 Profile Views

I have a questions for everyone here lol. Did anybody submit a personal statement under “other” ? Just curious....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60 Posts; 626 Profile Views

 

1 hour ago, ninja1968 said:

I have a questions for everyone here lol. Did anybody submit a personal statement under “other” ? Just curious....

Woah... I didn't even know that was an option lol. For sure I did not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.