Clinical in September (covid)

Posted

hi guys,

was wondering if your schools filled you in on clinical in the fall? trent announced group clinical is cancelled and moving to virtual patients. I'm at ryerson post diploma entering my last year (supposed to be doing one on one) and we havent heard anything yet :(

I go to Adelphi University. As of now they haven’t exactly given us the clear yet, but that is the plan. We’re still waiting for approval so we can officially register for clinical by NYS guidelines.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:59 PM, Camjayjayy said:

I go to Adelphi University. As of now they haven’t exactly given us the clear yet, but that is the plan. We’re still waiting for approval so we can officially register for clinical by NYS guidelines.

I hate this waiting game!

Just now, LisaStone said:

I hate this waiting game! A staff at ryerson said clinical is "highly unlikely"

My school is already doing in person clinicals and plans to continue that in the Fall as well, though that can change.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:03 PM, marquisdelafayette said:

My school is already doing in person clinicals and plans to continue that in the Fall as well, though that can change.

are you going to school in canada? or the united states?

I'm at Rasmussen where both our lectures and clinicals are still online at the moment... I just know that one of the other local schools I applied and got accepted to while I was already in Rasmussen (Polk State) is doing everything in person. Only those in their last two quarters of the BSN program would be doing in person clinicals at the moment. They haven't given us word on when things will change though 

I was a hybrid student anyways, but our lab attendance was cut in half.  We have an A group and a B group and go biweekly instead of weekly.

As for clinical, we’re doing business as usual, one 9 hour shift per week, and I think between all the clinical groups we have about 100 students out and about.

We have 4 major hospital systems in our region, to my knowledge only 1 of them is still refusing students. 

Evernurselee

Has 3 years experience.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, LisaStone said:

I hate this waiting game!

Hey there! I read in a different page that you had all of the CPNRE prep guides. Would it be possible for you to send them tto me? Im studying for the CPNRE and im so nervous/ don't know where to start but hear that this is a great start!
Thanks in advance!

On 9/29/2020 at 4:02 AM, CoeurCommeHepburn said:

I'm at Rasmussen where both our lectures and clinicals are still online at the moment... I just know that one of the other local schools I applied and got accepted to while I was already in Rasmussen (Polk State) is doing everything in person. Only those in their last two quarters of the BSN program would be doing in person clinicals at the moment. They haven't given us word on when things will change though 

Hey, I'm thinking about applying and wondering how classes are for you? Is it still all online? How are exams and teachers, is it manageable?