Jump to content

CHLA RN Residency September 2019

First Year   (12,558 Views 153 Comments)
by PedsNurse2019 PedsNurse2019 (Member)

1 Follower; 582 Visitors; 51 Posts

advertisement

You are reading page 3 of CHLA RN Residency September 2019. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

1,627 Visitors; 223 Posts

Hi all! Excited for this process! Does anyone know the rough hourly range CHLA starts at, out of curiosity? I know UCLA starts around 45, so wasn’t sure if CHLA was also in the same range. Thanks and good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

449 Visitors; 22 Posts

3 hours ago, hritchie13 said:

Hi all! Excited for this process! Does anyone know the rough hourly range CHLA starts at, out of curiosity? I know UCLA starts around 45, so wasn’t sure if CHLA was also in the same range. Thanks and good luck! 

Roughly around 30 dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement

1,627 Visitors; 223 Posts

33 minutes ago, Juvia said:

Roughly around 30 dollars

Wow, that's quite a difference from UCLA, and I know Torrance Memorial pays around UCLA as well. Why is there such a difference, you think? I would think they'd want to stay competitive pay wise with other area hospitals. I understand not paying exactly that same amount, but I would think they'd want to stay in the same ballpark, at least. Do they raise you after the residency ends? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

449 Visitors; 22 Posts

On 3/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, hritchie13 said:

Wow, that's quite a difference from UCLA, and I know Torrance Memorial pays around UCLA as well. Why is there such a difference, you think? I would think they'd want to stay competitive pay wise with other area hospitals. I understand not paying exactly that same amount, but I would think they'd want to stay in the same ballpark, at least. Do they raise you after the residency ends? 

I believe the give quarterly raises and it eventually maxes out depending on your RN level, but yeah pay is significantly lower since it is a nonprofit hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1,627 Visitors; 223 Posts

2 hours ago, Juvia said:

I believe the give quarterly raises and it eventually maxes out depending on your RN level, but yeah pay is significantly lower since it is a nonprofit hospital.

That makes sense, thanks for the information! A friend of a friend works there now and says it’s $38, but there could always be miscommunication! 🙂  

 

Good luck everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 1,617 Visitors; 183 Posts

On 3/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, Juvia said:

You could try contacting the HR manager in charge of the new grad applications, however I'm at CHLA now and some applications have already been screened to managers.

Hi! Are you doing your Residency now? How is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 Visitors; 3 Posts

On 3/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, hritchie13 said:

Wow, that's quite a difference from UCLA, and I know Torrance Memorial pays around UCLA as well. Why is there such a difference, you think? I would think they'd want to stay competitive pay wise with other area hospitals. I understand not paying exactly that same amount, but I would think they'd want to stay in the same ballpark, at least. Do they raise you after the residency ends? 

From what I've learned, CHLA base pay is first 8 hrs and then 1.5 x for last 4 hours. If you start at $30 then you average $35 for 12 hrs because of 1.5 x pay. Classroom time during residency is just base pay. Then after 6 months when residency is over you get a decent raise, and another decent raise 6 months later. So essentially 1 year in you're averaging close to what other hospitals pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 1,617 Visitors; 183 Posts

2 hours ago, briannens said:

From what I've learned, CHLA base pay is first 8 hrs and then 1.5 x for last 4 hours. If you start at $30 then you average $35 for 12 hrs because of 1.5 x pay. Classroom time during residency is just base pay. Then after 6 months when residency is over you get a decent raise, and another decent raise 6 months later. So essentially 1 year in you're averaging close to what other hospitals pay. 

Are you doing your Residency there? How is the work environment there? I would love to hear any feedback from your experience or what you've heard.Thanks a lot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 Visitors; 2 Posts

Has anyone gotten any new info as far as interviews or anything? When are we supposed to hear back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 1,617 Visitors; 183 Posts

7 hours ago, 100mgZoloft said:

Has anyone gotten any new info as far as interviews or anything? When are we supposed to hear back?

The St Joseph Tacoma? I heard they've been calling people today.Did you hear anything from them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 1,617 Visitors; 183 Posts

On 3/6/2019 at 11:02 AM, Chaosmyth said:

I received the e-mail shortly after applying. Just checked and the position appears as "SUBMITTED" under my applications. I think I read in previous CHLA threads that it did disappear for some people though so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hi! Did you hear anything from them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60 Visitors; 9 Posts

Has anyone heard back yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×