BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - page 31

Just wanted to get something started as I will be applying for this intake. Let's get this thread going. Fill me in on who you are and why you are applying bcit's nursing program. I was told that... Read More

  1. by   ty_bot
    I'm thinking that those that haven't heard yet will hear at the end of the day, probably 6-ish. Kind of curious though, don't suppose anyone knows of a short-listed candidate that has received a non-offer yet? Because as of right now I see this one of two ways:1) All the candidates without any arguments have been contacted and given offers. Those they are "iffy" about are being decided right now to be contacted later.2) The option I don't really want to believe; that all the non-offers are being sent out later. For some reason I don't think it would be 2, just because one would assume the admissions people would send these out first.
  2. by   blondie85
    Maybe it has something to do with the job action... Because I tried to pay my tuition by phone and I couldn't because of the strike so I did it online instead. So don't give up yet!
  3. by   vana_
    I am on edge right now!!! I think I've hit refresh a billions times on mybcit...
  4. by   smiley65
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but it is the job action. No more info -accept or non accept will be sent out until later this week. They were picketing today.
  5. by   vana_
    Dammit! That sucks.
  6. by   iheartpurple
    This the same strike as at UBC? Or a coincidence?
  7. by   chemis3
    Thanks for letting us know smiley65! At least we know what's going on now and i can take a brake from panicking. :P
  8. by   careubc
    Yes, thanks Smiley for the update. I have been reminding myself constantly to breath and relax my shoulders... They keep on stiffening up while I check my mail every two minutes. I'm really tense. Now I can at least focus on something else for a bit I suppose!
  9. by   BulmaBriefs
    whaaat!?!??! so now we have to wait another few more days 'til we hear back?! Man that's so unfortunate! So no one will be hearing anything tonight at all? Does anyone know when we might hear back? Aww man, all that waiting and the sleepless nights.... I'm so sad now.
  10. by   careubc
    I am pretty hopeful that they will let us know tomorrow. The job action thing is only today isn't it? So today's work should be done tomorrow.
  11. by   BulmaBriefs
    Haha, out of all the days!!! It HAD to be today!! It couldn't have been tomorrow, next week, next month or even last week. Nope, it just had to be today lol. That's okay though, even if it's just a matter of a day or two, we are bound to hear back from them someday. At least now I can study for my exam. Sending good vibes to you all and thank you for the feedback, Smiley65.

    I'm still going to keep checking mybcit though until 8pm. Then I will stop and continue again tomorrow. I emailed the nursing department so if I get a response then I will notify everyone on here. Until then, if anyone hears anything please keep us posted
    Last edit by BulmaBriefs on Nov 6, '12
  12. by   Progressor
    My deferral was granted. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.
  13. by   dog_prints
    Side note:

    I was not aware that upon provisional acceptance, we are to pay level tuition fees in full by November 8, 2012. For me, that's $3300, which I don't have at the moment. I was planning on applying for a student loan later this month once I've heard back on whether I've been accepted because no use in applying unless I know I'll be going to nursing school in January. I looked into requesting a tuition fee deferral, but one of the requirements is that I need to have been approved for Government Student Loans first. Obviously even if I apply for a student loan now, I'm not gonna be able to have $3300 in 1 day.

    I don't want to lose my seat because I haven't paid my tuition. I am going to email the admissions officer, but I worry that she won't be able to see my email soon enough.

    Any other suggestions? Please and thank you.