Jump to content

Banner New Grad Nurse Program

Posted

Specializes in Psychiatric Mental Health. Has 2 years experience.

I recently applied to Banner Health Thunderbird.

I see other posts here, but nothing current. Can anyone share anything about current hiring and interviewing? I received an email about two days later saying, they are reviewing current applications.

Also wondering if I applied too early, their website up to two months in advance. I graduate in August.

I'm applying from out of state, it appears they are likely to hire from out of state.

Interview questions they ask?

Thanks

I applied to the new grad program 6/5 before I took the NCLEX and it was never reviewed. I got my license on 6/24 and updated my application that day. I got a call the next day, had an interview today and accepted a job!

Grad 2020, BSN, RN

Specializes in Psychiatric Mental Health. Has 2 years experience.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:25 AM, Tachyrn said:

I applied to the new grad program 6/5 before I took the NCLEX and it was never reviewed. I got my license on 6/24 and updated my application that day. I got a call the next day, had an interview today and accepted a job!

OK, thanks! My still says pending.

I grad 8/13, and plan to NCLEX early September. Was hoping to secure something sooner.

Gotcha. Abrazo has a new grad cohort starting in September if Banner doesn’t work out.

Hi all!! I have an interview with a Banner Health recruiter tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has any tips for the interview or remembers any of the questions they were ask so I can prepare! Any help is appreciated

Nadine85RN

Specializes in Neuro PCU / Covid ICU supporting nurse. Has 4 years experience.

Advise from a RN that was in Banner‘s new grad program : they are amazing and preceptors are amazing as well.

Was a CNA at Abrazo Central during nursing school and would never work there as a nurse. That facility is hideous at best. They pay a lot because their patient to nurse ratio on Tele used to be 6:1 a few years ago at least. If you like your license, join Banner or Honor Health, plenty of good hospitals in The Valley.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:02 AM, Nadine85RN said:

Advise from a RN that was in Banner‘s new grad program : they are amazing and preceptors are amazing as well.

Was a CNA at Abrazo Central during nursing school and would never work there as a nurse. That facility is hideous at best. They pay a lot because their patient to nurse ratio on Tele used to be 6:1 a few years ago at least. If you like your license, join Banner or Honor Health, plenty of good hospitals in The Valley.

Thank you so much for the advice! I got a job in the CVICU at Banner University Medical Center Phoenix and start around February 

On 12/8/2020 at 1:28 PM, Smga242 said:

Thank you so much for the advice! I got a job in the CVICU at Banner University Medical Center Phoenix and start around February 

What type of interviews questions did you get or how was the process? I have a phone interview next Wednesday and I’m not sure what to expect. Thank you in advance! 

Has anyone had an interview and not gotten the job? Or has everyone that has gotten an interview gotten a job? I got an interview and was told we'd do another one closer to my graduation date with is in April so I don't know what to expect with that second interview?

I applied to banner on Jan 18th, my application still only says "application received" is this a bad sign? how long does it take to get a recruiter to view your application? 😞 

14 minutes ago, aileenyulissa said:

I applied to banner on Jan 18th, my application still only says "application received" is this a bad sign? how long does it take to get a recruiter to view your application? 😞 

I submitted my application over thanksgiving break and didn’t hear anything back until January 7th. I don't think it’s a bad sign I think they just go through applications in spurts which makes when they reach out very unpredictable. 

22 minutes ago, aileenyulissa said:

I applied to banner on Jan 18th, my application still only says "application received" is this a bad sign? how long does it take to get a recruiter to view your application? 😞 

I applied October 9th and didn't get an email about an interview until October 27th and then had my first interview 3 days later. My second interview was not until November 9th and I got the job. The first "interview" just reviews your application. The second one is where they ask you actual interview questions. I wouldn't be worried at all. COVID just has slowed everything down. You are fine!!