Jump to content

Aveanna Takeover of Maxim

River&MountainRN specializes in Primary Care, LTC, Private Duty.

Has anyone else heard the news? It looks like Maxim has sold their home care portion of the company to Aveanna. See the announcement here: Link

What do you all think of the move? What do you think it means for those currently employed by Maxim?

I work for Premier, and they were bought out by aveanna. We got tablets to do our charting on which is nice. I've never heard good things about Maxim though, so maybe it's a good thing they are being bought out.

Apparently Maxim also suffered from their federal legal troubles a few years back. Aveanna is the name change iteration of Pediatric Services of America combined with Epic Healthcare out of Texas. Millions of dollars of fines to the federal government probably has quite an impact on business that doesn't immediately go away once the fines are paid and the big shots have been canned. Gentiva changed their name too. Another industry impact on extended care home health operations has been the moratorium on new home health agency startups that only recently was lifted. Since homecare seems to be the ripe festering grounds for fraud, the big boys must no longer be interested in the risk. Impact on Maxim employees? Those who already have second jobs with Aveanna (Premier for instance), will find themselves out of one of their jobs, as Aveanna isn't going to care to pay overtime to any employees to hold two full time workloads.

River&MountainRN specializes in Primary Care, LTC, Private Duty.

It's just mind blowing how huge these companies are getting! You have your local monopolies (like a hospital system buying up all of the independent community hospitals, outpatient facilities, etc) and then you have your national monopolies like Aveanna buying out home care agencies across the country!

3.24.95 specializes in Nurse-of-all-trades, but mostly Peds/GP/PDN.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:15 PM, Crystal-Wings said:

I work for Premier, and they were bought out by aveanna. We got tablets to do our charting on which is nice. I've never heard good things about Maxim though, so maybe it's a good thing they are being bought out.

I'd rather live under a bridge, than work for Maxim. Literally.

liznrs30 specializes in Skilled Nursing.

wow thanks for the heads up i'm an LVN and looking for per diem work and was about to apply to Maxim via Ziprecruiter i will look up Aveanna then.

SirJohnny specializes in LTC & Private Duty Pediatrics.

It's soon going to be just two major players in Pediatric Private Duty:

Bayada and Aveanna.

They will bill the state $50/hour for the kid, and you'll get $20. Welcome to America.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, SirJohnny said:

It's soon going to be just two major players in Pediatric Private Duty:

Bayada and Aveanna.

They will bill the state $50/hour for the kid, and you'll get $20. Welcome to America.

To carry this further: they will advertise at $20 an hour and six months later, the ads will then offer $16 to $18/hour; you know, "competitive rates"!

poppycat specializes in pediatrics; PICU; NICU.

11 hours ago, caliotter3 said:

To carry this further: they will advertise at $20 an hour and six months later, the ads will then offer $16 to $18/hour; you know, "competitive rates"!

I work for Aveanna & today was informed that I’m getting a raise to$28/hour effective 11/1.

×

By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies.

OK