Georgetown ABSN Spring 2014 - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 13 by clairefromsandiegoI can't wait to hear if you guys get in and how the program goes. I'm hoping to apply for Spring 2015.
- Sep 13 by AshVanAmGood luck with the getting ready process! I just moved from the San Diego area. Did most of my pre-reqs at Miracosta
Am I the only one calculating the percentage of the month left everyday? I want it to be October so I can start obsessively checking my email to hear about acceptance decisions.
- Sep 13 by evarI am impatiently counting down to October as well! I just need to know so I can plan already. Thankfully I didn't have any issues with NursingCAS. My application was verified in the middle of July. Have any of you sent in financial aid forms? The application guide says to do that in September which is well before we'd find out. It's a big test of patience. Ahhh!
- Sep 14 by clairefromsandiegoI'm trying to do some of my prereqs online at MiraCosta but they're being annoying. I'm technically a CA resident but I'm in Jordan right now for Peace Corps, and so MiraCosta says I can't register for in-state tuition even though my permanent address, driver's license, all schooling, and voter registration are all in CA. But SD Community College District is being nice about it, so I'm doing some with them. And also with West Hills College in Coalinga, haha, they're fine with the situation, too.
- Sep 16 by AshVanAm@evar financial aid forms are supposed to be filled out this month. I talked to people in the financial aid office last week to verify what I needed to fill out. They said to go to their financial aid website (Home - Student Financial Services) and hit "apply now". Then go to the "first year undergraduate" tab. They require that you fill out the FAFSA and CSS/Financial Aid profile (if you haven't already!)
@clairefromsandiego too bad about Miracosta. Sometimes people don't know what to do about unusual cases and so they just default to saying it is not possible. Glad some of the other colleges are giving you proper tuition rates. How cool that you are in Jordan as a Peace Corps volunteer. Do you volunteer with health related projects?
- Sep 23 by 91KamI applied as well.. Im so nervous
- Sep 24 by clairefromsandiegoHi, no, I'm not doing any health-related projects. Unfortunately it's kind of hard to do those here. The closest I could get is starting a walking club so that women have a chance for some exercise - but I'm nursing a fractured foot so I haven't been able to start it!
- Sep 26 by BohbeeJust got an email about an informational webinar in early October. Maybe this is replacing the information sessions?
- Sep 26 by tb2013Hey, I just called them and they said they're trying something new. The webinar is replacing the information session and admitted applicants will be invited to some sort of conference in November
- Sep 26 by evarMake sure to check your spam folder. After I read the posts above about the webinar and started freaking out that I must have already gotten rejected, I checked my junk folder and there it was! Phew. One step closer...