Applicants to GWU's ABSN 2011Register Today!
- by AmesRT6510 Feb 23, '11Hi! Just wanted to start another thread relating to GW's accelerated nursing program. Is anyone applying? They extended the deadline to March 1st and wondering if there weren't many applicants or they just allowed for more time? I'm sending mine in this weekend and am excited!
- Feb 23, '11 by NYCgal2010HI! I was wondering if there was anyone else out there. I sent in my application a few weeks ago. I was wondering the same thing about the extended deadline, but I am not going to question it. Do you have any idea when they are notificiations?
- Haha, I agree! I am guessing they'll send the responses out in May maybe? Good luck!
- Feb 23, '11 by bokergloryHi, everybody. I also applied to GWU. I think it won't be long after March first. I e-mailed them to ask the same question and they said they alredy started to review applications.I already got accepted into Shenandoah Uni. It is nice to know and start making plans. Good luck to you all!!!
- Just a quick question for you guys about the NursingCAS application. Did you write a different essay for the nursing CAS then the one for the GW application? It seems like another chance to highlight something different about yourself if you didn't have the chance in the short 500 words! It was tough to narrow it down to so few words but its probably a good thing
- Feb 23, '11 by dlrosenRNI just got my acceptance letter today! Yay! I was wondering if any of you know of someone or know first hand, the clinical and learning experiences at GW... I would like to hear more about the program, if possible. =)
Good luck everyone! I called this morning to ask when we would be hearing from them and the lady said that they will be posting starting today... through the next week or so. But I sent my application in way back in November/December... so maybe these are early decisions. In any case, good luck!
- Feb 23, '11 by NYCgal2010DLRosen, That is GREAT news! Congrats!!! What do you mean, "They would be posting"...Do you have a log in for something besides their supplement?
I am desperate to find out more info.
- congrats dlrosen!!! i wish you the best of luck
- dlrosen, what do you think about the question I had about the two different essays for GW and then for the nursing cas?
- Feb 24, '11 by dlrosenRNThanks, everyone! =)
@NYCGal: When I said they post, it is through that portal, where you submitted the supplemental portion of the application (also online). I first received an email from GWU saying I had a message on that portal/site. It also had the link to it, within the email. So, instead of getting a letter in the mail or an email with my acceptance, I had to log in to the portal, click on the message, and that is where I got my letter. Kind of a bit ridiculous if you ask me, but ... whatever. =)
@AmesRT6510: I think I actually did the same essay as I did for Nursing CAS ... though I don't think it's a bad thing to highlight something different. I guess now that I think about it, why would they ask for an additional essay if they already have the one from Nursing CAS (which as an aside, that WHOLE NursingCAS process was RIDICULOUS)? I would use the second essay to explain any shortcomings in your application (gpa, etc). Just a thought as it gives another opportunity to show who YOU are ... not what the numbers represent. I hope that makes sense.
I wish you all the best of luck! && if you hear any news regarding GW experiences, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!Last edit by dlrosenRN on Feb 24, '11